Chapter 89: Without You

Monday, March 12th, 1990

After Grammy night, I decided to just put the bottle back underneath my mattress and just pretend like I didn't find it. When Nikki got up, we got into an argument which led me to kick him out of my home. He eventually came back later, and we worked things out. He has been easily irritated lately when we talk. I don't want him to drink and do drugs to take the pain away from him feeling stressed out and lonely on tour. But at the same time, I'm annoyed because I have to worry about him. I told him that if he ever felt stressed, he should call me, and if I didn't answer he should leave a message. He left a lot of his clothes behind for me to wash like I'm his maid... and they smelt. I've been calling and returning his calls nonstop no matter how late it was. I just hope that's enough to keep him in check. Because I cannot deal with a drunk and drugged-out Nikki.

The boys also filmed the video for their new music video Don't Go Away Mad. Nikki brought me down to watch the video shoot. He and Tommy tried out a new style with their hair. They shaved the sides off. Nikki looked ridiculously hot. I told him I want his hair like that all the time... right after he boned me to paradise.

Fred and Jess got a chance to talk as well. And boy, was Fred mad at Jess. I felt like I was coming in between their relationship whenever and Nikki fought. I didn't want to be doing that. Jess loves Fred; she deserves to be happy. I had to lie to Fred and tell him that Jess didn't know I went to the AMAs with Bobby. He said it was alright, but I think he knows that Jess knew.

"Yes, I changed the channel to MTV, I haven't seen the video yet."

"Ok well keep it on MTV, I'm sure you'll like the video."

"Where did you guys film it again?"

"It was filmed at the Galveston Opera House in Texas. Remember I was telling you that when we were in Houston."

"Oh yes, you did, sorry."

"That's alright babe."

"So, how are you feeling?"

"What do you mean?"

I didn't want to let on that I knew he had that bottle on Grammy night.

"I mean, last you said when we were talking that you were stressed out and feeling lonely on tour."

"Yeah, I was, but I'm glad you're calling me often now. It helps with the loneliness. I mean I have the guys here, but a woman's touch would be better." He chuckles.

"A woman's touch?" I questioned.

He chuckles. "I meant your touch."

"Mmhmm." I let out an unamused groan.

"Mani I'm being straight with you." He chuckles again.

"Oh, Nik they're going to show your video now." I squealed.