Chapter 25: Last Show In London

February 15th, 1986

February 15th, 1986

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I woke up at the sound of hearing my alarm clock. I winced at the feeling of my right hand in pain when I tried to use it to press my alarm clock. I quickly pressed the button with my other hand thinking that it would wake Nikki up. I turned to the side noticing that Nikki wasn't in the bed beside me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I looked down at my hand and noticed it was swollen and bruised. I remember last night punching Andy, I felt bad he did not deserve that.

"Nikki?" I called out to him.

I got up and walked into my bathroom and saw that he was not there. I turned to look at my dresser and saw that his clothes were gone and so was his key. He went back to his room. I sat on my bed and dialed room service.

"Hello, room service how may I help you?"

"Hi this is Iman Darlington; can you please send someone up to clean my room? I have barf on my floor from a visitor last night."

"Alright, Miss Darlington we'll be there."

"Thank you," I say hanging up the phone.

I took off my robe to get myself ready for the show. I don't know how I will stay awake I barely got any sleep last night. Nikki was a sweating groaning mess because he was in so much pain. I felt bad for him. I kept waking up to rub his back and he kept telling me not to leave him. I had to keep reassuring him that I would not.
____

We were backstage in the changing rooms getting our hair and make-up done.

"Iman!" Jade slapped my arm.

I woke up with panic and wide eyes.

"Uh w... what." I yawned.

"You're falling asleep. Did you not sleep when we left your room last night?" She snickered.

"I did but I'm still exhausted." I exhaled deeply.

"Alright, ladies let's get going!" The coordinator came in yelling.

After every walk, I had to keep running to the back room to take a little 3-minute nap. While the other girls were laughing and enjoying themselves, I was just desperate to get back into my bed and fall asleep under the sheets. The show was finally over and all the models walked out together. I quickly went to the back and changed into my regular clothes.

"Alright, the limo is here girls let's head to the reception." Our coordinator shouted.

I grabbed my bag and walked in the opposite direction.

"Um, earth to Iman your going the wrong way sweety." Rachel laughed while she turned me back around.

"I'm not going to the reception Rach I'm not feeling too good," I reply.