Chapter 38: Cucumber Or Banana

Warning: Sexual situation

Friday, August 22, 1986

Me and Nikki have been sneaking around and seeing each other. It was fun but it was also scary at times. I was nervous about getting caught. Nikki had been getting very hands-on. We haven't had sex, but I knew it was what he wanted. It's something I was nervous about especially because I didn't have anyone to talk to about it. I mean I don't even know how to touch a guy sexually to get him turned on. Nikki usually did the touching.

Today I was meeting up with Vanity she had been calling me nonstop wanting us to hang out. She gave me her address and asked me to come over. I thought it was great because I felt like I could talk to her about sex. The limo dropped me off in front of her building in Beverly Hills. I buzzed security to get in and the limo drove in. I walked into the elevator and went to her floor. I knocked and waited for her to open.

"Hey, oh my God you look good. It's good to see you. You look so lovely." She smiled and jumped up and down like a child. 

"It's good to see you too." 

She moved to the side and let me in. Her apartment was cluttered with trash, clothes, and artwork. Her place was full of weird posterboards with magazine clippings, egg cartons, and dead leaves glued to them.

"Woah what did you do in here?" I asked looking around her apartment.

"Oh, these are my artwork. Each one of them has a story. Like this one here." She walked over to one of her artworks. "This one I call The Redeemer," she said pointing out one messy collage. "It depicts the prophecy of the angel descending on the city, for he will come to redeem the souls trapped in the bulbs of streetlamps and the little piggies will walk down the street and the children will laugh." 

I stared at her with a blank expression not understanding a single thing that she had just said. She laughed hesitantly and then grabbed my hand and sat down on the couch with me. 

"So, girl I've been trying to get a hold of you. What happened? I thought I did something wrong. Like you didn't like me or something." She rambled.

"No, I was in New York and then when I got back, I had to prepare for my movie premiere and my sisters came. So, I got busy. I'm sorry." I explained.

"That's alright." She shrugged. In all honesty, it looked like she had not slept in days. Maybe even weeks she looked like a zombie. I was hoping that everything was alright with her. "I hope you alright?" I asked with worry. 

"I am I just want to go out and have some fun tonight you know what I mean."

"I do. Um... I wanted to ask you something. But I do not want you to judge me. And it is not something that I want to do right now. Or ever. I mean-"

"Iman shut up and stop rambling and tell me what's up?" She snapped.

"Um...how do you give a... a ...blow job?" I mumbled and put my hands on my face with embarrassment.