Chapter 13: Introducing Guns N Roses

December 22, 1985, LA

I was allowed by my mom to come to LA for 3 days to see Slash and his band play at the clubs. But my mom gave Tamara strict orders to not allow me to go anywhere else. And I had to lie to her again and tell her that they were playing in a hall. I felt bad for doing it, but it was the only way I could come. I called Lisa up and asked her if she wanted to come with me to the Whisky a Go Go she was down for it. I also called Slash and told him I would be coming to watch them play and hang out after. I put on a long black bodysuit with boot heels and a leather jacket. I walked out to the living where Tamara was sitting drinking coffee and watching TV.

"So does your mom know that Slash is now a rocker?" She said putting her coffee down.

"No, I didn't tell her. She still remembers him as that little boy who rode his bike all over the place." I said sitting on the couch. "But even so, he's Ola's son so I don't think she would cut him out of my life. He's the only rocker she will put up with." I giggle.

We were interrupted when the phone rang. Tamara answered it.

"It's Lisa she's downstairs waiting for you." I got up and hugged Tamara. "Remember there and back nowhere else young lady. Your mom will call at 12. Make sure you are here." She warned.

"Yes, thanks!" I yelled as I ran out the door.

We arrived at the Whisky a Go Go. We got out and headed towards the line. I grabbed Lisa's hand and pulled her to the front of the line. The bouncer saw me and allowed us to go in.

"So, this band is called what again!?" Lisa shouted over the loud noises.

"They're called Guns N Roses. My friend is in it his name is Slash!" I shouted back.

The show started and I saw all five guys come out. There was the lead singer who was a redhead, there was a guy with short black hair, and another tall guy with blonde hair who was very attractive. I also saw Slash and Steven they were the only ones I knew. Their music was good. They kind of reminded me of Motley Crue but they had their swag. After the show we headed to the bar, I ordered a cranberry juice while Lisa ordered vodka.

"Em em so how the fuck were we?"

I turned around to see black fluffy hair and a big smile with white teeth.

"Slash!" I jumped up and hugged him.

Yuk he was sweaty.

"You guys were amazing. I enjoyed the show." I said moving away from him. "Oh, this is Lisa she's my good single friend." I smiled pointing at Lisa.

"Hey there, doll nice to meet you." Slash looked her up and down and shook her hand.

I thought I should say that it was time for Lisa to forget about Vince, she needed someone else.

Slash told us to come backstage and meet the rest of the band. We walked through the side of the stage and headed to the back. It was the usual scene of girls, booze, and drugs. But it was a bit calmer.

"Hey boys I want you to meet my friend well she's more like my little sis," Slash said. "This is Iman Darlington and her friend Lisa." Slash pointed at us.

Me and Lisa waved our hands at them. They all just stared at us with their mouths open. They were drooling, if you were to put a bucket underneath their mouths it would be full of water.

"Nice to meet you sweetheart I'm Axl lead singer." He walked up and gave each of us a handshake and a wink.

"Hey, I'm Izzy." He waved.

"Hey, I'm Duff." He walked up and took my hand in his and kissed it. Then walked to Lisa and did the same.

"Hey Mani, what's up!" Steven shouted and picked me up for a big hug.