Chapter 4: Truth or Lie

The next morning

Knock knock

I groaned hearing the knock on my door. "Yeah."

Tamara opened the door. "Hey, honey I'm heading over to management for a meeting I should be back by 6 or 7. Will you be OK?"

"Yup, oh do you mind getting me cranberry juice while you're out please?" I asked with a big grin on my face.

"Sure, be good, and we'll probably go out later." She shuts the door and leaves.

I got up gave my family a call, then made breakfast, and showered. I thought back to yesterday when I told Nikki that I would meet up with him. Should I go or not I thought to myself. I mean, I don't like him. But then again, I don't know him. Which was why he was saying we should see each other again so I could get to know him.

Meh, I think I'll stay indoors. Plus, when Tamara gets back we're going out so that will be fun. Great I made my decision. That was easy.

3:35 pm

Ring Ring Ring, Ring Ring Ring

Oh man I fell asleep while watching TV, guess I was really tired. I ran to the phone and quickly picked it up. "

"Hello!"

"Hi, Miss Darlington we have a guy downstairs here who says he knows you and he's trying to barge into the building."

Suddenly, I hear swearing and yelling in the background.

"Fuck you man get the fuck outta my way. We're supposed to meet up."

"Miss Darlington was going to call the police this man doesn't know you."

Oh my God, why the hell did Nikki come here? He can't just leave me alone, ugh.

"No don't I'll be right down," I say hanging the phone up.

I ran to the elevator and went downstairs. When I got there, security guards were holding onto Nikki. But they were doing a terrible job because Nikki was fighting them back. And there's 2 of them, can you imagine?

"Get the fuck off me before I fuck you up." Nikki shoved one of them.

"Whoa calm down Nik. Hey, you guys can let him go." I ran up to them.

"What the fuck Iman?" He yelled walking straight towards me. Jaw clenched, fist rolled in a ball and a face that was probably redder than the color red.

"Nikki calm down I'm sorry, I fell asleep."

Which was half true.

"Bullshit, you had me there waiting for 30 fucking minutes like an asshole. If you knew you didn't want to come you should have just said so." He shouted pointing his finger in my face.

Boy was he angry. And I could see the guards tense up ready to grab him, especially with how close he was getting to me.

"Nikki I'm sorry OK. Please calm down, let's go upstairs and talk. Please." I whispered placing my hand on his cheek.

Nikki eased up a bit, thank God. I guess a woman's touch does help.

We reached upstairs and I let Nikki in. He walked around the condo and saw all the antiques that were in the home. He could tell that this was an expensive place.

I also looked at what Nikki was wearing the usual black leather. Leather pants with a black T-shirt and a leather jacket over it. Does he ever change?

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked walking in front of him.