Chapter 8

"Lets get this show on a roll" James said looking down at a cluster of people from up on a table.

  "Play the music now" Remus yelled in a agitated voice at Peter who was having a hard time. Peter started playing the music and every one did there thing.

  "Hey Marley" Lily said walking up to the chairs and sofas pushed against the wall.

  "Yes Lily" I said while sitting in a arm chair.

  "I think the point of a party is to have fun" Lily said in a hopeful voice. "And you are just sitting there watching every, one can I sit with you please" Lily said in a pleading voice.

  "Lily you don't need to ask, and I can't control you take a set" I said in a happy voice now knowing I was not the only person uncomfortable. And I moved to sit on a couch.

  Half way threw the party they started handing out drinks. "Would you like a firewhiskey Marlene" James said in a silly tone trying not to laugh as he leaned down on one knee and showed the bottle as if it was a ring.

  "Oh yes James Potter I will, take that bottle of firewhiskey from you" I said in a silly voice and grabbed the bottle opened it and took a shot. "Want some Lily" I said looking over at Lily.

  "Nah I am good" Lily said while looking at me with a smile, I smiled back at her. "Oi look Black chose a girl finally" Lily said in a stern voice and pointed over at Black, when I saw that she was looking at the ring I had gave him I took another shot.

  "She is a prick, so is he" I said in a angry voice.

  "Well it is his birthday can't blame him, he is also a boy and they suck, well not really but that is what muggles say" Lily said leaning towards me to pat me on the head as I took another shot.

  After the party James found me flat out drunk in a arm chair "Hey Marlene did you have a lot to drink tonight" James said in a concerned voice.

  "Sure did and I love it" I said in a cheerful voice as I leaned my head on one of the arms on the chair.

  "Want to go to bed Mar" James said still in a concerned voice, I shook my head yes as I stood up and he helped me walk to the couch.

  "Thanks Jamesie" I said as I laid down and fell asleep James had put a blanket on top of me.

  "What is she doing" said Sirius in a confused tone as he walked down the stairs and pointed at me.

  "She is asleep leave her alone she was drunk in the arm chair" James said in a concerned voice as he looked over at me then looked over at Sirius.

  "Hmm, I will be upstairs soon I just wanted to hang out down here for a bit" Sirius said in a muffled voice.

  "Ok mate happy birthday" James said quickly trying not to wake me and got up and left to go to bed.

  "So Marlene McKinnon got drunk on my birthday Sirius said in a silly voice. And walked up to me and sat down. "I will make you a potion for tomorrow I promise, hangovers are not fun trust me to tell you"
Sirius said moving my hair out of my face.

  "Sirius Black drinks" I said in a scratchy voice while I opened my eyes a little to make eye contact with him. "I thought I knew that dogs eyes from somewhere, his eyes look like yours" I said still with a scratchy voice as I smiled and moved Sirius hair away from his eyes.

  "What dog Marlene" Sirius said trying to sound confused as he knew what I was talking about.

  "There is this dog at the black lake, he is big with black fur and your eyes he looks scary but he is actually kind of sweet" I said muttering and falling back to sleep.

"Oh Marlene your to good to be true" Sirius said whispering as if someone was watching and got up and left.

——————————————————————————

  "Lily I really messed up" I said in a concerned voice while taking a set next to Lily in Charms.

  "What did you do this time Marley" Lily said in a stern voice as she looked over at me as if I had done something horrible.

  "I like Sirius Black" I said really fast and quiet so only Lily could here me, and my checks started to heat up.

  "Are you joking Marley because that is not funny" Lily said in a confused voice to see if I was joking or not.

"Lily this is not a drill this is real" I said in a scared voice glancing over at her.

"What are you two talking about" James said behind us with Remus next to him.

"Marley li-" I slapped my hand over Lilys mouth so she could not finish her sentence.

"I will tell you on Christmas break" I said to James in a shake voice.

——————————————————————————

"Marlene get down here we have to leave soon" James yelled up the stairs at the girls rooms.

"I am coming" I said in a annoyed voice as I came down the stairs.

"Guess who I chose to spend Christmas with us" James said excitedly as he jumped around.

"I don't know James you will just have to tell me" I said happily to see James so excited.

"Okay, okay I invited Sirius and Remus and they both are coming there parents said yes" James said so happy that he started laughing.

"Good you will probably have fun" I said still smiling at James. "We should get going don't you think" I said thinking about what time it is, and James looked at his watch.

"Yep come on Marlene we got to go"  James said as we left the common room.

——————————————————————————

  "Hey can we sit with you guys the rest of the carriages are full" Remus said peeking in his head. I shook my head yes, as all the marauders come in and sat down.

  "Where is Alice and Frank" Peter asked in a confused voice.

  "She went to go sit with Frank and his friends" Lily said in a muffled voice with her head shoved in a book. I reached in my pocket and grabbed a stack of muggle cards.

  "Where did you get those Marlene" James said all confused as he looked at me shuffling the stack of cards.

  "My dad got them for me this summer when you went back home before school" I said as I looked up at James.

  "How do they work and how do you play with them" Sirius said also confused with his eyebrows all scrunched up. It took a while to tell them how they worked and we started to play war.

  "Why would you take our card Marlene" Sirius said with his eyebrows all scrunched up and looked at me.

  "Because I had the highest number so I take your cards" I said as I started laughing at him.

  "Oh sorry" Sirius said embarrassed that he had forgotten how to play. We had played the whole time till we got to the train station.

——————————————————————————

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter it took a lot longer than I thought and if you have feedback or ideas please tell

(These characters all belong to J.K Rowling and in no way am I claiming them as mine)