Chapter 10 - Situations Have Changed

Celeste's P

Celeste's P.O.V

We walk into the large dining room. The walls are glistening in gold and red. The ceiling is like a mural of colour and naked men and woman. Coming together in their own source of harmony.

The floor glistened like the night sky with hard wood flooring that makes my heels echo all around the eerie room.

The table is full to the brim of food that is served on silver platters. My mind gazes to the future, my future is this what it looks like. Is this what my life has planned?

The giant hall of colour and expense screams out to me that this is a royal place and I myself must be seen as a good addition to this family. Whether or not Xander and I are destined to be together. Dominance in this room looms over me.

"Don't be scared" Xander whispers in my ear. I nod trying my hardest to feel anything but fear as he leads me to the chair at the table. Noticing my surroundings now, I can see a man at the high top of the table next to the large clock on the wall as I see that it reads 6.30.

Xander scrapes my chair across the wooden floor and I take a seat in it as he pushes me towards the table that is set out with a placemats and cutlery.

The plates are glimmering gold and the cutlery is nothing more nor less than it screams high expense

The plates are glimmering gold and the cutlery is nothing more nor less than it screams high expense. My mind flutters to the thought of breaking such delicacy. Am I worthy to use such glamourous items?

Xander takes his seat besides me and grabs my hand from under the table, everting my gaze from the plates and table to his smiling eyes.

"This looks expensive" I say under my breath, he snickers and kisses the back of my hand looking deeply into my eyes.

"Only the best" he simply says as if having expensive things is normal for him. So should it be for me?

I look around the room and see Romeo across from me, a woman by his side as he smiles lightly. Darius also a woman by his side that he eyes with such awe. I can see the love as he looks at her.

"That's Darius's mate, they are not meant to be together but father thinks she is a fling" Xander says in my mind. I simply nod, reminding myself to ask him about that later on as I turn to look at Ritchie who sits next to an older woman and as I look to her she stares me down like the food on the table, her eyes look over me once, twice and a third time before everting her eyes to Xander.