Chapter 21 - You Are The One

Celeste P

Celeste P.O.V

We pack our bags when we finish up on our heated session. My bag packed with items that I had not yet even seen for myself in my drawers and walk in cupboards. However, I pick out clothing that by eye I know I will like.

Our bags packed we place on some shoes and jackets, walking hand in hand -although a large blush across my cheeks from the reminder from our session - Out to the hallway with our bags in hand, reminding me from when we were in the forest alone.

We walk to the entrance, Xander's brother Ritchie meeting us there, a confused look on his soft face.

"What is wrong? Are you leaving again?!" Ritchie asks in a worried expression, knowing that we had left last time.

"Yes but not in the sense that you think, Celeste has been asked to the castle" Xander tells his brother. I nod my head although Ritchie's face looks down sadly to the floor.

"You are not going anywhere" we turn on our heels to see Xander's father and also my brother waltzing down the stairs. I smile at him.

"What do you mean not going anywhere?" Xander asks the question that started to form in my mind. Jareth has his head high and his hands behind his back, while Xander's father has a stern look on his face.

"You two can't go to the castle while not being fully mated. So Celeste needs to go alone, otherwise the kingdom may be mislead Xander as either your own whore or show a disgrace to the kingdom being together and not mating" my brother tells me, my face falls and I grab Xander's hand just a little tighter. The insides of me feeling angry that they call Xander a whore.

"But we will be mated soon! So she won't be a disgrace to the kingdom?!" Xander yells for me. I run my thumb over his knuckles, in an attempt to calm him.

"It'll only be for a few days, two at least, she'll be right back and I'm sure you'll complete the ritual and it'll all be okay. For now we only need our queen" Jareth explains to us, I turn to Xander and squeeze his hand to motion to face me.

"It'll be okay. It's only for a day at least..." I hoped.

"....I'll be back and we'll have the kids with us because Jareth is getting them for us, aren't you?" I turn to my brother, his fallen face smiles at me quickly nodding his head reassuringly towards Xander.

"You will get them? Won't you, I want them here with me, if not I won't stay" I say to Jareth, my mind thinking about Franks blackmail, he can't stop the prince from obtaining the kids.

"I will get right to it as soon as we get to the castle" Jareth says to me, his smile wide and genuine. I turn to Xander and give him a reassuring smile, even if it is fake to convince myself.

"I'll be back. I promise" I say to him, my heart hammering against my chest. Three days Frank said, I need to get the kids by tomorrow and then that's two days to do the ritual so I don't have to tell Xander that I won't be leaving him.