Chapter 9 - Earned It

Celeste P

Celeste P.O.V

"YOU'RE STAYING WITH HIM!!!" Mireya screams down my ear hole. I scowl at her while grabbing my suitcase and plopping it on the bed. Shoving some clothes in for the next couple of days.

"Yes" I say simply and bluntly. Not really wanting to get a running commentary from Mireya about how he is a nutter and I will get killed.

"WHY!! If that family finds out you two are mates, you will die!" Mireya's starts to scream anyways. Grabbing my hand as I dig into my drawers to grab some t-shirts.

"Please listen Celeste, trust me you will regret staying with him" she looks me in the eyes. Her own changing colour from her wolf.

"I'm just staying to get this heat over with, then I'll be back" I try and convince her. However, her eyes grow wider.

"Oh god your heat! Did he touch you? Did you two do anything?" She asks me, I groan and roll my eyes.

"No he didn't touch me, I... I was the one to touch him and W- we kissed" I say to my cousin. She gasps and runs a hand through her hair. Muttering under her breath that I'm going to die.

"Mireya, I don't know why I did it. The heat made me see him in completely different light. My vision was blurry and all I saw was him and the coldness of his skin. Then his lips.....so soft" I say, replaying the events in my head. Something like a switch went off and I suddenly had images of us being together.

"RIGHT! See that what you just said or what you're thinking. Block it now! You are not a vampire and you two will not be together?" Mireya tries to says but it comes out as a question. However, yet again my mind flips to him telling me I have vampire qualities and when I pushed him to the wall in such a fast speed.

I tell Mireya all of this but she doesn't seem to listen. She is just scared of me getting to deep and getting into trouble.

"I'm with you with whatever happens Celeste" Mireya says, huffing, looking like she is giving up on the situation but also trying to be helpful, helping me zip up my little suitcase. I give her a hug, one that I didn't want to let go off.

"Okay fine, come on, on the plus side. You can not say that mister Moreno down there isn't the hottest?" Mireya wiggles her eyebrows and I can feel my cheeks grow a shade darker.

"Your mate is down stairs and can probably hear you!!" I say eyeing up Mireya. She makes a funny face and hands me my phone from the night I lost.

Mireya can be such a bi-polar person, she is helpful at one point and the next she wants my opinion on how hot my mate is.

Well my rejected mate?

We go down the stairs and I can feel my cheeks grow hotter by the second, knowing Jace is just down in our living room. His presence alone is doing something to my mind and I know it, yet I welcome it like an old friend.