Chapter 11 - The Yearn

Jace's P

Jace's P.O.V

I almost felt like the beast to her beauty. I feel constant anger and disparity within me, although when she is around I feel joy and happiness.

My whole life has now come to being revolved around her. To make her smile. To make her happy.

Right now, her happiness is finding out who she is and her past. For that alone I will guide her to where ever she leads me to.

I loved watching her read about the classic tale of the Alvarez twins, my father talked about them all the time and was once on the hunt for the descendants of the twins, although his hunt came to an abrupt stop- they had no children.

Her face glowed when she read the history about them although last night I felt my eyes drop more and more with tiredness.

Now that it's morning I can feel her next to me, feel her heat against my cold dead skin. My cold heart warms knowing she is here with me and only me.

I can sense her breathing and her constant heart beat that is soft and like bells that clang against the wind.

Knowing that half way through the night, without her knowing, I pulled her next to me and made sure she slept in my embrace. More for my own peace of mind, knowing she is safe in my arms.

I have been awake now for god knows how long but I can't bring myself to wake her up from her peaceful slumber as I stare fully at her beautiful features. Her skin is warm and her cheeks are red. I can sense her soft skin with the bond. I can sense her thoughts as she dreams about what she's heard so far.

After another long while, I decide that we should probably start to move and find some food. Unless that pixie has given us something in they bloody bags he gave us.

I couldn't believe that a pixie has been given to her. I knew very little about Pixies, they are cunning and very mischievous. When I saw him in the room, I knew he was presented to her.

Pixies are given as a guardian to warn the person they are presented with about what is to come. They are only given in certain situations, such as Celeste's. I should have seen it coming. Although I'm glad that she has Travis? I think that's his name...because if we didn't, we would be dead and still in the castle.

I feel Celeste stir from around my arms which I have placed around her waist. I feel her hum against my chest, where she has placed her head.

I look down and see her flutter her eyes open, looking around and taking in her surroundings. Her rosy cheeks cover over her nose and face. Knowing that it must be snowing outside.

"Morning Princess" I say as her blue eyes meets my own before turning into their gorgeous crimson red rose eyes like always. I smile before kissing her forehead. Happy that she seems to not protest to me doing so when I did it before.