life is unexpected sometimes!

After 9 months.

"It's seriously not acceptable. How can they be so careless?" - Anika heaved out all the emotions in the form of yelling to her chief doctor. Along with her high tone, Tears crossed her eyes uncontrollably.

"Anika, Relax." - Chief doctor, Dr Shivram merely asked her to calm down. But she was not ready, She understands, She will calm down only when she convinced herself. The innocent, Believable lady in her almost grown down to a matured lady, Now. Even though she will cross 22 in one month.

"Why are you even asking me to calm down, Doctor? I told them strictly before 3 days. If shardha continue having fever bring her back to the hospital, But what did they do? Did MBBS through google and kept her in the home. Now, what happened? Dengue. That too, With the lesser count? She's just eight years old, Doctor." - Anika expressed herself to her chief doctor.

"Anika, I want to remind you something, Shall I?" - Dr Shivram asked her. She calmed herself and nodded at him.

"You're going to become a doctor in the next 5 months. I hope you remember that. And it's a part of our profession, If we become depressed in one patient's mistake or loss, How can we treat the other who needs us. I know, Whatever shraddha's parents did was unexpectable, And for that, They regretting, why can't you able to see their helpless situation?" - He asked her. She sighed disbelief when the doctor mentioned about her parents. But he has a point. She shouldn't be staying stagnated at one place if the thing didn't work or going in the wrong direction. She had to move on.

"I am sorry, Doctor. It's just I lost my patience. Hereafter it won't repeat." - She said in a calm tone.

"In my whole service, Anika. I have never seen any resident doctor so dedicated working day and night. But at last, We are humans. We needed a break, Right. Go. Go and take a break." - He said, Anika didn't say anything, She smiled and started walking from the place. But she didn't leave the hospital. Only her lips stretched to a smile but her heart stopped being happy and excited before 11 months.

She walked and reached the ultrasound lab in the hospital, And the sweet gesture from her friend Nina welcomed her inside and also help her leaving all the stress outside. She rolled the wheelchair to her side while anika took the seat in the chair next to her.

"How was your day, Hitler?" - Nina asked her chuckling. Her chuckle never irritates her.

"Hitler? Come on, I am not worthy to get terrified, Actually. After all, A resident doctor, Who will take me seriously?" - She stressed out taking the water bottle and drinking it.

"Well, That's not true. Being here for 2 long years, I can tell you. I have never seen anyone so dedicated like you. Not even your fellow residents but also some surgeons will feel the heat while they are working with you." - Nina said looking at her.

"The heat? What you mean, Ms Nina Mandana?" - She asked her.

"Means the tension, By the way, You're not hot. No offence, You're not even close to it with that ponytail and dark circles, Darling." - Nina said.

"Ouch. That hurts. If you finish work, Shall we leave?" - Anika asked her.

"Only if you offer to buy it today." - Nina asked her.

"You drunkard, It's the second day in this week. Don't hurt your liver." - Anika asked her.

"Excuse me, Red wine never ever comes in Alcohol category and it's too cold. Please spare." - Nina asked her. Anika and Nina sharing an apartment for the past six months and living with each other. Nina's parents abanded her after she was born without a leg. She was half Canadian and a half Indian. But her parent's betrayal didn't stop her from achieving and she finished MBBS in her own effort which will be she always proud of. Anika knew her for the past 10 months But took 4 months to trust her and pull her to her world with all willingness. And now, They are living in the same apartment in Chennai.