Finding a Job

Eddie Pov

As I get off the train, I think about my new life. I'll be all alone and have to take care of myself. It'll be nice. Not having to worry about anything else. I pull my phone out of my pocket and go into the phone. I call an Uber to come pick me up and bring me to my apartment because I have a lot of stuff. When I arrive at my apartment, I bring all my stuff inside of it. Good thing there is an elevator because I wouldn't be able to bring it all upstairs without it. As I get in the elevator, there's another person in there. A girl who looks to be 18. She's on her phone and has pressed floor 2. I'm on 3. 

"Aren't you a little too young to be living alone?" The girl asks.

"None of your business," I grumble. I'm not in the best mood.

"Ooh, feisty. I like it. I'm Gabriela. Gabby for short, who are you?" The girl asks.

"Eduardo. Eddie for short," I reply.

"So how old are you?" Gabby asks.

"15 and 3 months," I say.

"You are young!" Gabby exclaims.

"No shit Sherlock," I grumble.

"Why are you living alone?" Gabby asks.

"I had to get out of my shitty town. Away from everyone," I say.

"Even your friends?" Gabby asks.

"Especially one of them," I say.

"Why?" Gabby asks.

"A little nosy?" I say.

"Oh, sorry. I'm trying to work on that," Gabby says.

"It's fine. They were my soulmate. And they started hating me. I honestly don't know why. He was cold to me for about a month, told me he hated me, and I've talked to him 2 times after. He also moved out of the town, but I had to get away too," I explain.

"You hate your soulmate?" Gabby asks.

"Yep. And I find soulmates to be bullshit now. He's not perfect for me. He's a piece of shit friend too," I say.

"He?" Gabby asks.

"Shit, are you homophobic?" I ask.

"No, just seeing if I heard you right. So he?" Gabby asks.

"Yeah. His name is Gaege. And he had believed that soulmates are bullshit since he learned about them. Someone who is perfect for you? Pssh, yeah right. He's believed that forever. And it rubbed off on me," I shrug.

"I'm sorry," Gabby apologizes. 

"It's fine. I don't care. So what's your color? I'm black," I say.

"I don't have one," Gabby says.

"But you looks 18," I say.

"I am," Gabby says.

"You never got one?" I ask.

"Nope. No soulmate for me. It's fine, I really don't care. I'd rather be alone anyway. People are shitty sometimes," Gabby says.

"Oh, you missed your floor," I say.

"That's fine. I noticed you had a lot of luggage and I wanted to help," Gabby says.

"Oh, thanks. That's nice of you," I look down at my luggage.

"No problem. I'll show you around town too. There is a lot of cool stuff to see," Gabby smiles at me.

"Thanks Gabby," I say. After getting my stuff into my apartment, I go out with Gabby. She really seems to like this city. She shows me every building, and any ones that have Hiring signs in their windows, I fill out a form. We end up Target, because Gabby says that I'm missing a few necessitates that we need to get here. They also end up to be hiring right now too, so I fill out an application. Gabby and I walk back to our apartment building, and stop to get some food. She invites me over to eat with her.

"Can't have you spending your first night alone!" She exclaims, so I give in. She has a TV and we watch a little bit while. When I'm going to head back to my apartment, she offers for me to stay the night. 

"We didn't get the sheets on the bed. And it's already late, you need to get to sleep. You can sleep on my couch, it's very comfortable," Gabby says.

"Fine, let me go get some sleep clothes on. I'm not sleeping with jeans on," I say. I go up to my room and grab my sleep pants and shirt. I go back up to Gabby's apartment and she lets me in. I change in her bathroom, which isn't that big, which will kind of suck with my apartment. She gets the couch ready for me sleep on, and I fall asleep almost immediately after my head hits the pillow, after walking around town all day, I am tired! I hang out with Gabby for the next few days, I learn that she's in college and she doesn't have much classes this week, so she gets to show me around town some more. A few days later, I get a call from the Target saying that I got the job, which is nice because none of the other places called at all. I start on the weekend, so Gabby has to find some stuff to do on her own. I end up really liking working at Target, mainly because Gabby ends up getting a job there a few weeks later, when she's running out of money for rent. One night as I'm laying in my bed I think, I wonder how Gaege is doing.

Ok, so I have to get real here. Things aren't going too well with my grandfather and I don't know how much more time I have left so, I have to say that I might need to take a break. I hope you guys understand. I might update a few more times today, but I have no promises. Luv you guys!