Silence

Eddie Pov

I could swear I hear crying from the bathroom, but I'm not sure. I go into the bedroom to get dressed. I'm such a f*ck up. I f*cked up twice in less than 24 hours! He won't want to f*cking date me now! God I hate the f*cking universe! Why does it f*cking hate us so God damn much!

"ARGH!" I yell and punch the wall. I feel a spiral of pain shoot up if. I'm afraid I broke the wall, but there is just a small dent in it. I hear the water turn off and I race out of the apartment.

Gaege Pov

"Eddie?" I call out. Nothing. I pad through the house to find my jacket and scarf. I head out in the cold breeze which shouldn't be here because it's June. Working at Burger King give me a distraction of what else is going on. I pick up some food on the way home. I get Eddie something too but I'm so hungry I eat both things. I get to bed before Eddie gets home because I don't want to face him. 

Eddie Pov

Gaege has been ignoring me for the past week and I feel really bad about it. I'm not getting a good night's sleep because the couch is really uncomfortable. And Gaege doesn't seem to be happy. I'm glad he found a job, but I wish he would have told me. But I had to go and f*ck it up before he could tell me about it. I'm such a f*cking idiot. 

Gaege Pov

I miss Eddie. I miss sleeping in the bed with him. I miss everything about him. I had to go and f*ck it up. I had to wait. I had to mess up everything we had. I need to talk to him. I'm in the dining room when Eddie comes in.

"Good morning," I say.

"Good morning," Eddie says.

"How'd you sleep?" I ask.

"Terrible. The couch hurts like a bitch," Eddie says. There's the Eddie I know.

"Well I can take the couch tonight and you can take the bed. Or we can both sleep in the bed," I don't really want to admit it, but I miss having him in the bed with me.

"Thanks for the offer. I'll think about it," Eddie says.

"I'm sorry," I blurt out. 

"What for?" Eddie asks.

"For what I did last week. I pulled away from you for no reason at all. I'm really sorry," I say, I feel a burning sensation in my throat and tears are forming in my eyes.

"I'm sure you had a reason, Gaege," Eddie says.

"I'm still sorry," I whimper. 

"Come here," Eddie holds his arms out for a hug. I grab onto him and hold on tight. 

"I really want you to sleep in the bed with me. It gets lonely," I whisper.

"Of course," Eddie says. 

"And the reason I planned the whole dinner was to tell you 2 things. 1 that I got a job, and 2 that I'm..." I stop. I lift my head up to stare into Eddie's eyes. Do I really want to do this? At the dining table, with nothing special? You know what? F*ck it! "I'm ready to start dating. I know you probably don't anymore. I'm sure I made you wait too long, but I really needed you to know." I laugh and then say, "Things are just like how they were when we became friends again. Except this time, it's flipped! I love you, and you just love me as a friend."

"Gaege..." Eddie says.

"Hilarious am I right? I mean the universe really seems to f*cking hate us!" I keep laughing because mainly I know that when I stop, I'm going to start crying. 

"Baby..." Eddie says.

"Why are we f*cking soulmates! It doesn't make any sense at all! If the universe puts us together, why does it keep tearing us apart!" I'm still laughing.

"Gaege." Eddie says. Now I'm crying. I'm bawling my eyes out, hugging my soulmate that doesn't love me. 

"Say it, say that you don't love me," I whimper.

"Gaege I-" Eddie starts.

OK so clifhanger because I feel like it! I'll update soon I just need to go eat!