Things Don't Always Happen the Right Way

Gaege Pov

Eddie doesn't know this yet, but I got a job last week. I applied at the local Burger King for a manager position and I got it because they saw my record at McDonald's. I haven't started yet, I'm going to tomorrow, but tonight I'm going to tell him over a home cooked meal, and I'm also going to ask him the big question. I'm making spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a salad. I hope he likes it because I've been planning this for a long time, what I was going to make, and finally Eddie's coming home early and he bought groceries! I started making dinner at 3 because I had to make the sauce and the garlic bread and both of those things take a while and Eddie is going to be home at 5. It's nearing 4:45 now and I'm making the salads. Everything else is set. I'm leaving everything on the stove though until 4:50 when I can put it on the plate and set the table. Once I finish the salad, I move onto setting the table. I have a table cloth that I drape over it and then I set the 2 plates and salad bowls on it. I put the silverware out which doesn't match. Even the plates and bowls don't match. Eddie has about 5 plates and 3 bowls. He has about 10 of each different type of silverware. He knew he could only fit a few dishes into his bags before he had to start worrying about breaking them. I light a candle that sits on the middle of the table. 4:59. I stare at my watch. I've already changed, I changed after I set the table. I watch the second hand tick, tick, tick. It reaches 5 o'clock and I look up at the door. I'm expecting it to open. I don't know how long I stare at it, but the next time I check my watch, it's 5:10. I stay sitting at the table. The food starts to cool off, and the wax of the candle drips onto the table cloth. I check my watch again and it reads 5:30. I've been sitting here for a half an hour. I blow out the candle and turn the lights back on. I sit and eat my food. I wrap Eddie's food up and put it in the fridge labeled Eddie. Right next to it is his salad. I push up my nice dress shirt sleeves and start on the dishes. I place them one by one in the drying rack and when I'm done, I dry my hands and head to the bedroom. It's already 6:30 and Eddie's still not home. I change out my clothes and put them in my hamper. I notice it's getting pretty full, so I change into a sweatshirt and fleece pants and carry it down the steps all the way to the basement. I start the load and go back upstairs. I sit on the couch and read a magazine. I check my watch which reads 7:00 now and head back down to the basement. I put the clothes in the dryer and sit down. This time I just stay here with the magazine. At 7:20, I take the clothes out of the dryer and go upstairs. I fold the clothes and put them away. At 7:40, I've finished the laundry and Eddie's still not home. I have nothing else to do and I don't want to go to bed yet, so I walk around the house, doing unnecessary chores. By 8:30 I've given up and I head to bed. The bed feels lonely by myself and it seems to just sink to my side. I stare up at the ceiling which still has the glow in the dark stars on it. I start crying. I planned this whole thing and it went to waste. The pillow is wet under my eyes. I'm whimpering and hicking and crying in the bedroom, no one to comfort me. I'm cold and all I want is someone to hold me and tell me that they love me. I know that's not coming so finally I fall asleep with tears dried on my face.

This hurt to write! This was so sad! I'm going to do one more part tonight. Luv you guys!