Silence

Eddie Pov

I could swear I hear crying, but I can't tell over the shower. I clean my plate and go get dressed. The crying is more prominent now but I don't dare go into the bathroom. I have no idea what I did, but I can tell it's my fault. Dammit Eddie. You f*cked up twice in less than 24 hours! You really have to make this up to him! You can't f*cking ask him to date you now! He probably f*cking hates you again! Why did I decide to forgive him? We both knew this would happen again and this is what we get for taking it slow! Why does the universe f*cking hate us! 

"ARGH!" I scream and hit my fist on the wall. I feel a spiral of pain race through my arm, and I'm afraid I broke the wall. There is no hole though, just a little dent. I hear the water turn off so I finish getting dressed quickly and race out. He won't want to talk to me, so I just want to get out of his way. As I leave, I hear the bathroom door close, and I get out quicker.

Gaege Pov

I open the bathroom door the same time the apartment door closes.

"Eddie?" I call out. No answer. I pad through the apartment to get my jacket and scarf. I leave the apartment as soon as I know I won't run into Eddie. Good thing the Target and Burger King are in opposite directions. And now we're fighting again. God I knew this would happen. I shouldn't have moved in with me. I knew things weren't going to work out well, and I didn't it anyway. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Why am I such a f*cking idiot?! I make my way to work, it'll be a good distraction. I won't be sitting at home all day, thinking about it. The people at Burger King turn out to be really nice, and I'm happy to be working there.

Eddie Pov

Working today is a living hell. I don't have the energy to speak to the manager and Gabby isn't working today, so I have absolutely no one. I'm sure that Gaege won't pick food up for me, so I stop and get something on my way home. When I arrive back the apartment, all the lights are turned off and Gaege is asleep in our bed. I eat and then change into pajamas. I don't think Gaege would want me to sleep next to him, so I grab some blankets and head for the couch.

Gaege Pov

I wake up the next morning, alone in the bed. I get up and go to the living room to find that Eddie is asleep on the sofa. I go and make myself breakfast, which this morning is just coffee. Eddie is awoken when I start the coffee maker. He walks in and stretches, but doesn't say anything to me. I'm kind of relived because I don't know what I'd say to him. I go into our room and get dressed. I leave the apartment muttering a good bye. Working at the Burger King today doesn't give me any distraction at all. I'm just a friend to my soulmate. Is this how Eddie felt when I wanted to take it slow? Did he just feel like he loved someone who just wanted to be friends? Ignoring each other goes on for a few days. Eddie gets home each night close to 8:30 and I'm already in bed. I make my own breakfast and dinner and leave him to fend for himself. I just don't have enough energy to do more than the minimum. Regret starts to hit me about 4 days later. I'm ignoring Eddie for something he probably doesn't even know he did. On the 6th day when I'm in the dining room eating, Eddie comes in. I fight myself to not stay quiet.

"Good morning," I say quickly.

"Good morning," Eddie says. He gets his own coffee and sits down across from me. 

"How'd you sleep?" I ask, trying to make small talk.

"Not great. That couch hurts like a bitch," Eddie says.

"I'll take the couch tonight if you want. You can take the bed. Or we can both sleep in it," I say. I know I've taken a risk, but sleeping alone is really lonely.

"Oh, well thanks for the offer. I'll think about it," Eddie says.

"I'm sorry," I blurt out. 

"For what?" Eddie asks.

"On Monday. I just kind of pulled away. I'm sorry," I say.

"That wasn't your fault. I did something that made you do that. I'm the one that should be apologizing," Eddie says. 

"Can we please go back to sleeping with each other? It's lonely," I say.

"Of course," Eddie says.

"You know I planned that whole dinner for 2 reasons. One to tell you I got a job, and the other to tell you that I'm..." I start. I stare at Eddie and feel my heart racing. Do I really want to do this during breakfast? It isn't going to be special. You know what...?

Ok so I'll get the next part out soon, I wanted to leave you guys on a cliffhanger! Hope you guys liked it! Luv you guys!