Things Change

1 year later

Gaege Pov

Being 16 has it's perks. 1, I can drive. Which doesn't help that much because I can't afford a car. 1, it's not that weird that I have a job and work all day long during the fall, winter, and spring. Still a little weird because I should be at school. I finally have enough money that I know that if I lose my job, I can still live in my apartment for 3 months until I run out of money. My job at McDonald's is stable. I've worked my way all the way up, and now I'm the manager. Which is a little weird for a 16 year old to be, but I've been working here for more than a year. The employees don't make fun of me, which is good because I don't need to here more crap from people. I finally got a hold of my mother and all she did was criticize me. 

"Why did you leave me? You dumb f*ck! You can't survive out there! Adults barely can! How is a child supposed it? I should have never had kids! Stupid motherf*cker," she said. I hung up after that. Mully informed me that Eddie talked to them about maybe seeing me at the McDonald's. I smiled a little bit when I read that. I guess I've forgiven him as well. I don't want to be with him though. Soulmates are still stupid. He's not perfect for me. If we can have a fight that makes both of us leave a city then I don' think I want to be with him. I asked Mully for his phone number, as I threw it out after I left. He gave it to me, but I have yet to use it. I don't know how I would start the conversation.

"Hey Eds! I missed you!" "Hey Eddie." "Sup." There is no good way to start a conversation after you haven't talked to someone in almost 2 years. I've started wearing black gloves again. I just feel more comfortable with them on. I've met some weird people while checking out.

"Oh have you found your soulmate yet?" One person asked.

"Uh, yeah?" I replied.

"Oh what was it like? Was it magical?" They asked.

"I haven't talked to them for a year. They hate me," I replied and took my groceries. My hair has gotten longer, and I've gotten 1 more tattoo. This one actually means something. F*CK SOULMATES is what it says. I'm never going to regret getting that one. Soulmates suck, it's still bullshit to me. This morning, I hop in the shower, the cold water hitting my back. I shiver as I get used to it. I wash my hair and let the shampoo run down my body. I get out of the shower and dry myself with a towel. I shake it over my hair, so it dries quicker. With it being November, I can't walk to work with wet hair. I turn on the speaker on my phone, and the song that starts is Let You Love Me by: Rita Ora (song above).

"I should've stayed with you last night. Instead of going out to find trouble. That's just trouble (Yeah). I think I run away sometimes. Whenever I get too vulnerable. That's not your fault (Yeah). 

"See I wanna stay the whole night. I wanna lay with you 'til the sun's up. I wanna let you inside. Oh, heaven knows I've tried. I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me. I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me.

"Say what's the matter, what's the matter with me? What's the matter with me? Oh, I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me now. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I.

"And every time it gets too real. And every time I feel like sabotaging. I start running (Again)And every time I push away. I really wanna say that I'm sorry (Yeah). But I say nothing (Yeah).

"See I wanna stay the whole night. I wanna lay with you 'til the sun's up. I wanna let you inside. Oh, heaven knows I've tried.

"I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me. I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me. Say what's the matter, what's the matter with me?
What's the matter with me?. Oh, I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me now. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I.

"I wanna stay with you 'til the morning. I wanna lay with you through the sunrise. I wanna show you that you're my only. I wanna lay with you 'til the sun's up. I wanna stay with you 'til the morning. I wanna lay with you through the sunrise, through the sunrise. Oh-oh-oh, heaven knows I've tried. I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me. I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me. Say what's the matter, what's the matter with me? What's the matter with me? Oh, I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could I let you love me. Say what's the matter, what's the matter with me? What's the matter with me? Oh, I wish that I could I let you love. Wish that I could let you love me now. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I. Oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, oh, I wish, I." The song ends and I realize I've song the whole thing and I'm breathing really hard. I look in the mirror to see a sad face staring at it. There's one thing on my mind right now. Eddie. I whisper it to myself. I finish getting dressed and then grab my phone. Typing in the number Mully gave me, I send the first text I have in 2 years. I have no idea what to write so I type whatever comes to my head.

G: Hey, this is your soulmate. Gaege. I know we haven't talked for almost 2 years, but I really needed to text you. I'm sure you probably still hate me, and I don't know if I've fully forgiven you yet either, but I just really need to talk to you, please text me back. 

I stuff my phone back in my pocket and race to work. I get there exactly on time. Not late, not early. I stuff my jacket and scarf in the staff room and get my apron on. As I'm leaving the room, I hear a soft noise, but I race out to the front of the store so I'm not late.

Ok so 14th part done I think. Tell me what you guys think! I'll probably post one more part today later. Luv you guys!