VIII

I slept in one of Jesse's oversized shirts and my underwear, we didn't do anything, we just smoked and then went out late to grab fast food.

I woke up startled as I heard yelling from downstairs, Walter must already be here. 

I had to throw out my clothes so I grabbed a pair of Jesse's track pants and tightened them so they'd fit me and I headed downstairs. 

"I told you I'd do it, I just—" Mr.White started saying.

"Do it now Mr.White!" Jesse yelled.

I walked in and they both stopped talking and looked at me.

"Hailey, did we wake you up?" Jesse asked me.

"Yeah, but I needed to get up anyways-"

Then my gaze landed on the Smith and Wesson on Jesse's counter.

"Woah who's Smith and Wesson is that?" I asked picking it up, "9mm eh?" 

"Be careful with that Hailey!" Mr.White said sternly as if I was a little child.

I looked up at him with a smirk. "Relax Mr.White, see that little flip right there—" I said, pointing to it.

Jesse & Mr.White leaned over to look at it. "That's the flip-up safety and over here—" I said pointing to another lock. "is the slide lock." 

"How do you know this?" Mr.White questioned, his eyes narrowed.

"I have my ways," I said smiling. I really wasn't all that interesting but hey, pretending is fun sometimes. "Here's the mag release, take down lever... oh and here's the 8 round magazine." 

"You're telling me you know all about this Smith and Wesson?" Jesse said, grinning stupidly.

"Not everything no— but I can use it that's for damn sure," I replied still holding it.

Mr.White's eyes were so wide you'd think they'd pop out of his skull so I put the gun back on the table.

"Chill Mr.White... it's not like I killed a man or anything."

He shook his head, putting his hands up, "Hailey— you shouldn't know about this gun, you shouldn't even know about Jesse and I's arrangement!" 

"So Mr.White go down there and take care of him," Jesse said, changing the subject. All he cared about was the man invading his house.

"IT'S HARDER THAN IT LOOKS!" He shouted. 

"I'll do it if you want," I suggested. Clearly, these stupid idiots needed help and I was just the person to do it.

Jesse paused the joint he was rolling and looked up at me, he looked livid. "No, the fuck will you not." 

"You won't have the guts to do it, Hailey." Mr.White said shakily. 

I snorted,  "Wanna make a bet?" 

"Don't make a bet Mr.White! You'll lose." Jesse chimed in,  "But Hailey don't even touch that gun again." 

"She won't do it, Jesse, so what's the bet?" Mr.White said, truly thinking I wouldn't do it.

"$500 says I do it, right now." I know the price was low for a hitman but I also know he works for a teacher's salary and he needed some slake cut. 

Mr.White raised his eyebrow. "Okay $500 says you won't do it."

"Mr.White!" Jesse said, getting up from his seat.

I grinned and picked up the gun. Jesse tried to grab it out of my hand but I was to quick.

"Hailey don't do it, I'll fucking give you money NOT to do it!" He protested, trying to pull me away from the basement door. 

"Don't worry Jess, I'm doing you both a favour... I don't know the dude and if he's causing all this unnecessary stress—"

"Hailey please!" Jesse begged. I know it was all out of care but didn't he understand? My actions were out of love for him! 

"Mr.White you're cleaning this time," I called out and made my way downstairs. 

A part of me thought this was still some joke but much to my dislike there really was a man down there — tied to a pole in Jesse's basement, he had a jug of water, a bucket and a roll of toilet paper near him. 

Jesse & Mr.White were right behind me.

"You're trying to kill him Mr.White not keep him alive," I said starring at the stuff on the floor.

The man laughed and I scrunched my nose up in disgust. "You're going to kill me, a pretty little thing like you." 

"This thing's loaded, right?" 

"Hailey please don't do this," Jesse begged again.

"Oh your names Hailey... so Hailey are you and Jesse fucking, or is he paying you—"

BANG 

His head snapped back, a bullet hole in between his eyebrows. Blood dripping down his face and all over Jesse's basement. It all happened so fast I can't even remember pulling the trigger.

I  turned to face them as if I wasn't shocked by my own actions, both of their jaws were visibly dropped.

"Better get to cleaning." I sang, "Oh and whose gun is this?"

"m-mine." Jesse stammered, holding out a shaking hand. 

I winked and handed it to him. "You know I'm hungry—"

"I-I can't believe you just did that." Mr.White said in pure shock.

"T-that makes two of us," Jesse muttered. He hated having to witness that. 

"Good shot I'd say," I said, going up the stairs. From this point forward, that man in the basement is not my problem and I refused to think about it him at all.

"You're so hot what the fuck." Jesse said as we entered his kitchen again. I think he was more talking to himself than anyone but I still smirked at him. 

"Jesse keep your hormones aside while I'm here, I need— I need to go buy a plastic bin unless you want to ruin another bathtub." 

"Hell no Mr.White you go buy all that shit, Hailey just did your dirty work," Jesse told him.

"I know Jesse—"

"Oh yeah and you owe me 500 dollars," I said. 

Mr.White took a deep breath, screwing his eyes shut. "Yeah, I'll get it to you somehow." 

"Right on, Jesse come with me to get a coffee." 

"I-I'll drive then," Jesse said feeling in his pocket for his keys.

"Cool." 

____

A/N

Just wanted to clarify in that actual episode Jesse didn't have a Smith and Wesson, I'm pretty sure it was a Ruger.

IDK if anyone picked up on that LMAO 

But in case anyone wants to point it out, yes I know that was not the correct one in the episode! 

Also I wanted to quickly thank you for reading this <3