XXVII

"We need to go — the bitch is taking my RV!" Jesse shouted the second he hung up his phone.

"What are — "

"Hailey... I'll explain later." He said frantically. "I need to go, I'm not gonna ask you to come—"

I only planned on stopping by for an hour or two, since Jesse was staying sober he was constantly bored and I had been brushing hanging out with him the last few times he asked.

I didn't want Jesse to start relying on me completely again, so I'd use work and school as an excuse. It's not that I didn't want to see him — time apart is good.

I seated myself in Jesse's car and he drove us to some unknown destination. I wasn't about to leave him in a frantic state like this. 

I had noticed a car following us since we were on Jesse's street. "Jess... I really think that car is following us."

"Nah, just a coincidence." He said and we entered, what it looked like to me anyway, was a junkyard.

I had never seen Jesse run so fast out of his car, I did want any good friend would do and followed him.

"The hell you think you're doing?" Jesse shouted as I shut the RV door behind me.

"Me?" Walter questioned as he took a few steps towards Jesse.

"This is mine just as much yours. You don't get to just—"

"Oh god! Oh god!" Walter said as he looked out the window, I just stood beside the door with my arms crossed. I was confused, why was he freaking out like that? 

"Lock the door!" Walter told me. "LOCK IT!"

"Holy fuck." I mumbled before turning the lock.

"What?" Jesse kept asking.

"He's here." Walter exclaimed, shutting all the blinds.

"Who's here?" Questioned Jesse and I.

"You led him right to us!" Walter snapped, snarling at Jesse. 

"It was that black car... I told you he was following us!" I said before shutting the blinds that were beside me. "Wait... who it is?"

"My brother in law—"

"The DEA agent?" I questioned and they both nodded.

Oh fuck.

The 3 of us watched as the door handle started rattling.

"Pinkman do you want to add resisting arrest?" The man called out. "The girl you were with too  — I'll add it, No skin off my ass."

I began picking at my nails, he knew I was here. Well, he didn't know it was me but you get what I mean.

"Last chance to do it the easy way." The same voice called out again.

The door began rattling again like he was trying to wedge the door open with something.

Jesse held his arm out to my chest, blocking me from moving forward.

"Got a warrant?" I heard a different voice call out, he sounded older.

"Who are you huh? Who are you and what do you know about this RV?"

"Well... I'm the owner of this lot." The older voice announced. "Which means you're trespassing on private property."

"As far as the RV goes, it seems to me it's locked, which means you're trying to break and enter so I say again, you got a warrant?"

I was impressed, the man seemed to know what he was talking about — or he's shady and deals with this kind of shit all the time.