XXVI

Thank you for 1k+ reads!! 

______

"You know all my boyfriends have been complete douchbags with tiny di—"

"Carmen!" I exclaimed, looking around the food court we were sitting at. I hoped nobody was listening to us. 

"What?" She asked innocently as she took a bite of her food.

"There are children around us... be a bit quieter," I told her, my eyes looking at the kids and their mother sitting only a few tables away from us.

Carmen smiles cheekily at me before swallowing her food. "All I'm saying is I'd never care about my ex as much as you do, was he that good in bed?"

I tried to keep my talking about Jesse to a minimum when it comes to Carmen but he keeps messaging me every time I'm with her. She wants all the details that legally I can't tell her. 

I glared at her before we both laughed. "I told you Jesse is different, our breakup... it's just complicated I guess."

She pushed her food away from her. "Fair enough, let's head out then."

Carmen was driving and we ended up passing by Jesse's street, I hadn't spoken to him in a few days and figured he wanted to settle into his house but now seemed like the perfect time to drop by and see him.

There was always a hint of worry at the back of my mind. Was he really okay? Was he still clean?

Smothering him wouldn't be good for either of us so I let him decide when he wants to call or talk. I was strictly his friend — a person that cared and I didn't want to make it anything more.

"Let me out here Carmen," I told her, pointing to Jesse's house.

She pulled up putting her car in park.

She leaned closer to me, getting a better look at the house. "This isn't your house?"

"I know... it's Jesse's."

She didn't bother to hide her smirk. "Surprise visiting I see, how cute. Tell me, are you horny right now?"

I nudged her with a laugh. "Fuck off, trust me I am not!"

I quickly sent him a text, telling him I'm outside.

"I'm waiting until he comes out so I can see this boy you talk so highly of."

Just as she said that he came out of the door, his hair was a mess on top of his head but he looked good. He was wearing his typical baggy jeans with a red marc ecko hoodie. 

"Aww, he's so short!" She cooed, pinching my cheeks.

I laughed before squatting her hand away. "He's 5'8 and a half."

"I'm 5'10."

I scoffed, turning to face her. "You're not 5'10!"

"Yes, I am... and girls actually love my height."

"And they tell you that?" I asked and she nodded.

Carmen was openly bisexual and she has told me some very detailed stories about her time with both women and men. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Jesse walked up to Carmen's car, his hands in the pocket of his pants.

"Hey stranger," I said with a smile.

He smiled back, revealing his teeth. "I wasn't sure if this was you since I didn't recognize the car — sweet ride by the way." Carmen drove a 2002 blue Subaru WRX and she was proud of it.