Ch. 26- Good Life by OneRepublic

Calum stopped by and gave Ashton the equipment he needed to fix his car and then left us, not even offering to help Ashton since he was the one who had messed up Ashton's car in the first place. Ashton began tinkering around and beginning to fix the car. I have no idea what Calum broke on it, but it seemed like it was something major, because Ashton has been working on it for a bit now.

"Is there anything I can do to help you?" I ask. I was becoming a bit bored, and needed something to do because I went insane.

"Just stand there and look pretty. I'm almost done, but thank you for offering to help, Ella. Do you even know anything about cars?" He asks, looking over at me and cocking his left eyebrow up at me.

"I know what I need to know." I state, shrugging my shoulders, causing him to laugh and continue to work on the car.

A few minutes later he slammed the hood and got into his car, starting the vehicle and patting the passenger seat for me to sit down so we could get going.

"Do you want to go get something to eat still? The bowling alley will be closing soon, so there's really no point in going now, but I don't want to end our supposed to be date here." He says, scratching the back of his neck with a sheepish look on his face.

"How about we head over to my house, order some pizza and watch something on Netflix and try to go on this date tomorrow." I suggest, smiling at him.

"Sounds like a plan, but only if you allow me to buy the pizza." He says, pulling out of the movie theater parking lot and heading off towards my house.

We sat in silence, but not an uncomfortable silence. I took the time during the silence to observe Ashton's features. He has extremely long and curly hair, which I find cute because not many guys around here have curly hair and it fits Ashton perfectly. He has dimples, which reminds me of Harry Styles' dimples, but Ashton's are cuter. His skin is tan, especially compared to my extremely pale skintone.

"Ella, what are you looking at?" He asks, looking over at me and smirking, and then looking back to the road.

"You." I admit.

"And do you see something you like?" He asks, a smile growing on his face.

"Naw, you have a bugger hanging out of your nose." I say, causing him to scratch at his nose, trying to get the imaginary bogey.

"There's no bugger, Ella." He states, turning onto our street and heading over to his house to park his car.

"I must be seeing things then. Maybe you should park your car at my house for tonight so Calum can't mess with it again." I state as we come up to both of our driveways.

"Your parents won't mind?" He asks, turning into my driveway.

"Dad's car is outside of the garage anyways, so there's room for you to park it. Let me get out and open the garage real quick." I say, getting out of the car and walking in the front door and into the garage so Ashton could park the car.

"Ella, why is Ashton parking his car in the garage?" Mom asks, coming into the garage with a questioning look on her face.

"We went on our date today, or at least tried to, but Calum messed with my car and we were unable to make it to our destination. Ella suggested parking the car here so Calum won't be able to mess with it again. I can bring it home if you want." He says, starting his car up again and beginning to back it up.

"It's fine, Ashton. Will you be staying the night?" She asks, being the nosey mother that she just had to be.

"As long as it's alright with you." He state, turning off his vehicle and walking over to me.