Ch. 12- Rude by MAGIC!

[Just wanted to say that most song titles don't follow along with the chapter. It's just the music that I'm normally listening to at the moment of writing the chapter which is why they jump around so much between genres and bands.]

Today is Friday and it has been a week since I last spoke with the guys, even though I had a project to do with all of them, and even though I had two class periods with Luke and Ashton. None of them have tried to talk to me, but they still sit by me in my classes, as if they were protecting me or something.

I listened to the recorded message on Ashton's phone, but I still told him to get out of my house. It's not that I didn't believe them, it's just the fact that I didn't want to believe them. I didn't think that Calum, the sweet guy that had been taking care of me and helping me with this weird situation, could manage to be such a jerk. I knew deep down that it was Calum, his voice unmistakablely hard to not realize who it was. Cal hasn't been talking to me either, but I don't think it's because of the guys. Ashton said that he wouldn't tell Cal, and I believe that he will keep to his word.

Walking into fourth, I sighed and sat beside the guys, grumbling to myself. Ashton gave me a look, but still didn't say anything to me. It was awkward having to work on a project that wasn't being worked on because the guys wouldn't talk to me. The bell rung, but Calum was no where to be seen, which seemed to relax the boys for some reason.

"OK, Ella, there's no telling when he will walk in or if he will, but we all need to talk with you. We just don't want him around when we talk." Michael comes out and says.

"Is that why you haven't been talking to me? Because of Calum?" I ask, the hurt obvious in my voice.

"Yes, and just because we are kind of scared of him." Luke says, scratching the back of his head.

"He isn't that scary. Suck it up and be a man, Luke." I say crankily.

"I don't think he's scary, but I don't want to break up the band either, so we just deal with him and his shit." Ashton says, actually talking to me.

"Hey, maybe we can all hang out at my house and talk. My parents still shouldn't be home until tomorrow morning, so you shouldn't get bitched at by my parents or anything." I say, allowing a bit of hope for the boys to actually want to come to my house.

"That won't work, though. Cal will see that we are over at your house and come over as well. What if we go out and skate or something?" Michael says, trying to avoid Calum as much as possible.

"I can't skate, but that could work." I say, hearing the door open and Calum walking into the classroom with a smug grin on his voice.

All the boys turned away from me and stopped talking to me altogether just because Calum had walked into the classroom. I just sat my head down onto my desk and waiting for the announcements to signal the start of my weekend.

~~~~~~Announcements Over~~~~~~

"Come over to Ashton's car in a few mintues. Make sure Calum has left before you walk over, though." Luke whispers in my ear and heads out of the school.

I sat down on the front steps of the school, waiting to see Calum's mustang pull away for what seemed like ages. Once he was gone and out of sight, I walked over to Ashton's car where all the guys were waiting on me.

"Are we going to the skating rink already? I'm not ready!" I say, panicking because I hadn't even prepared myself to even attempt to skate.

"We changed our minds. We are taking you to the mall. And no excuses either, because we are going, whether you like it or not." Ashton says smiling at me.