ஜ Chapter Sixteen

Jaemin rushes in to the entrance of the school building with his mask on his face as well as a cap on his head, "I-I'm here," he pants.

Jeno rolled his eyes and adjusts the bag on his shoulder, "why were you rushing? There's nothing to rush about," he said furrowing his eyebrows.

The elder cleared his throat as they walked towards his car, "u-uhm, just excited to go to McDonald's," he croaks as Jieun excitedly gets in the vehicle first.

The red haired raised a brow at his words, "you said you don't like McDonald's that much," he stated scanning Jaemin's hidden face.

Gulping, the blond opens the door on the passenger side. "W-well I'm excited for Jieun!" He exclaimed with his voice cracking a bit resulting a stifled giggle from the younger. "Now get in," he quickly said.

Jeno suddenly pouted and looks at him meeting his gaze with puppy eyes, "oh, I thought you were excited for me too," he sighed sadly looking away.

Jaemin widened his eyes and almost shrieked as he tried to form some words before Jieun suddenly whined, "daddy hurry up! I want to go to McDonald's now!"

The blond blinks furiously as Jeno had closed the door, he quickly goes to the driver's side and starts the car ignoring Jieun's blabbering about what she wanted at McDonald's.

It's always McFlurry and fries anyways.

"You know," Jeno starts as he settled on his seat while he sends a quick message to his brother who was planning to kill Jaemin later or whatever.

After blurting out what happened and not entirely said the scenario specifically, Donghyuck had demanded answers but to no avail as Jaemin had ran out after set leaving him behind baffled.

"You shouldn't run with a mask on, it can make you pass out since it's hard to breathe with it." The younger continued glancing at the elder.

Seeing how Jaemin only hums at him focusing on the road, he then adds, "you're going to make me worry too," he shrugged looking back to his window side.

The blond almost blanked out but immediately went back to reality (he doesn't want his daughter and– Jeno to die) as he sees the McDonald's sign.

"There was just so many people out the company building and I didn't want to risk it, I forgot I had it on," he said after a long pause only making Jeno grin.

Once he parked, Jieun rushed to open the door as Jeno held her hand, "now– now Jieun-ah, what did I teach you guys last time?" He scolds lightly.

The little girl stops and held his hand tightly, "to not rush ahead without adults and should behave," she recites.

"That's right sweetie, especially when we're at a parking lot with lots of cars around. Be careful okay?" Jeno praised beaming at her.

Jieun squeals and nodded before they finally head inside the food place while Jaemin was– well, he was staring at his daughter and his– "ex's" bond.

It looked natural, like Jeno was trusted by Jieun and the little girl was raised by him. They look happy and comfortable with each other as if they have met a long time ago.