ஜ Chapter Eight

Jaemin arrives at Jieun's school 15 minutes before the bell rings, he leads his daughter to her classroom and sees that not much of her classmates have arrived yet.

"I told you we didn't had to rush Ji, there's like half of you guys here minus Mr. Jeno," the name of Jieun's kindergarten teacher gave Jaemin a bit of an electric shock as if it was some wake up call.

Jieun pouts, "but Mr. Nono said he gives us bonus stars if we're early, and you daddy takes waayy too long to get ready!" She calls her father out emphasizing the word "way" to prove her point.

The blond man sighs, "it's just inked stars Ji, I can give you those anytime if I could buy a stamp," he said.

The little girl sulks crossing her arms and stomping her feet on the floor, the sound from her actions earned her kindergarten teacher's attention.

Jeno stops arranging the books on the small bookshelf and walks over to the father and daughter duo, excusing his way and gently telling one of his students to not scream in the morning.

"What's going on here hm?" He asked with his voice soft and friendly even though the sight of a certain blond's face made his mood drop.

"Nothing, Jieun's just being a brat again," Jaemin chuckled awkwardly earning a brow raised from Jeno and a smack on his shin from Jieun.

"I doubt that," the red haired mumbled. "Something is telling me that's not what actually happened," he glances at his student who was very much sulking at her own father.

He crouches down brushing Jieun's hair as he smiles softly, "now bub, what actually happened that made my sunshine upset in the morning hm?" He said.

His gentle words not only calmed Jieun down, but also Jaemin who was standing there observing their interaction with some type of emotion in his eyes.

The little girl huffs, "daddy is being mean, he said I was at fault because I was rushing him and then we're still early," she explained looking at her kindergarten teacher.

Jeno hums, "ah, I would still give you stars bub if you're behaving well especially at home." He said glancing at Jaemin, "has she been good?" He asked sternly.

The elder gulps before nodding reluctantly, "very much so," he sighed already feeling like he's losing this non-existent battle with his own daughter.

The red haired man then smiles, "see darling? I'm still giving you stars okay? You just have to be a good girl even when I'm not around," he giggled.

Jieun gasps and beams at him, "yay!" She cheered bouncing up and down. She then stops and pouts again, "but what if daddy was being mean too?" She wondered.

Jaemin widens his eyes already muttering a few cuss words and also mentally face palming at Jieun's question.

Meanwhile, Jeno hummed standing up and gently grabbing Jieun's backpack to which the latter gave it to him.

He pats the dust off of his pants and gave a sloppy smile, "then I guess you should report it to me too," he shrugged. "Because as of now, your dad hasn't received any stars yet."