ஜ Chapter Five

Jaemin parks the car on an empty space as he unbuckles both his and his daughter's seatbelts. He steps out of the vehicle and walks over to the passenger side.

Once he opens the door, he almost stumbles back at how Jieun just jumped right out of the car as if she was some wild animal escaping its cage.

"Ji slow down!" Jaemin said as he catches up to his daughter who was skipping on her way towards the entrance clearly in a bubbly mood.

It's been like more than a month since Jieun started kindergarten, and all Jaemin has done was send her there and pick her up after whilst may or may not glancing at a certain red hair's way.

Jeno has kept a decent amount of distance between them, well enough for people to think they're just friends or acquaintances while for them, they're nothing on the good side.

The kindergarten teacher has made it clear he wasn't pleasant at the sight of Jaemin, especially when the blond is really near him.

It was also clear for the both of them that they weren't in good terms, nor will the red hair think they'll ever be again. It was too– triggering.

Jeno had lost himself more after what happened years ago, he was so out of it that he didn't know if his stepmother was worst or if Jaemin was.

Sure, Jaemin didn't abuse him, but that doesn't mean he didn't hurt him.

The red haired was going through his personal life while Jaemin just added more shit for him to handle, it was scary.

He felt violated, in a way. He felt used and was exposed to the blond who could tell and order him to anything he wants, because Jeno is that gullible.

He sometimes wishes he wasn't, maybe he wouldn't be like this til now. But that also means he wouldn't have met Jaemin and gotten to know the boy.

The single father blinks when the bell rang and saw people already claiming their children whilst the toddlers were either tired or screaming in excitement.

He waits until the hallway was nearly empty, not wanting to push through people so he could pick up his daughter.

As he walks to the doorway of Jieun's classroom, the little girl runs up towards him as he picks her up in his arms.

"Daddy!" Jieun greeted with a smile as Jaemin pecks her forehead.

"Hey Ji, how was school?" The blond asked putting his daughter down who still looked energetic even after a few activities with her friends.

"It was so fun! Mr. Nono gave me more stars! Look!" Jieun exclaimed showing her left arm that was full of now 6 temporary red stamped shaped stars.

Jaemin smiled as he looks up to see Jeno cleaning his table, almost finished packing his things on his bag.

"Hey Ji? Can you go play with Kwannie over there for a moment? Tell Mr. Chwe I have to talk to someone for a bit okay?" Jaemin said looking at his daughter.

The little girl nodded happily before skipping towards her friend, Kwannie, who was probably annoying the hell out of Seungkwan that was waiting for his husband to pick them up.

The blond pursed his lips before knocking on the door twice gaining the kindergarten teacher's attention.

Jeno looked up with his face full of confusion, "may I help you Mr. Na?" He asked still arranging his papers.

The elder huffed at the name, "it's Jaemin. Stop calling me formally when we know each other, Jeno," he said.

The red haired bit the inside of his cheek, "ah right, you were the one who fake dated me to get your ex back who cheated on you while using me as bait and ruining my life," he said sarcastically.

Jaemin glared, "that sounds exaggerated," he scoffed while crossing his arms.

Jeno rolled his eyes, "because that's exactly what happened," he retorts walking around to close the curtains on the windows.

The blond clicked his tongue and sat at a near small round table, "look, I just wanted to discuss what happened and all," he shrugged.

"There's nothing to discuss about, class hours were over 14 minutes ago, go home Mr. Na," Jeno remarks.

Jaemin groans, "I told you stop that," he grumbled. "And I just wanted to have a chat okay? Yet all I'm getting is some bad treatment from a kindergarten teacher."

"Maybe you should fix your act too, then the so called kindergarten teacher will be nicer," the younger smiled forcefully.

"How have you been?" Jaemin asked after a moment of silence just watching Jeno arrange the things in his classroom.

The red haired clicked his tongue, "would've been better if I didn't have any triggers from my life back then," he said bitterly.

"Okay I'm not dealing with your attitude Jeno, I just wanted to talk and maybe fix this," Jaemin scoffed annoyed by the younger's behavior.

"What are you? My dad? I'm not Jieun so go home," Jeno said shoving a few chairs into the tables.

"Well you're behaving like kid right now, so yes, if I have to go on parent mode to you then sure thing. Let's talk," the elder groaned.

Jeno sighed frustratedly and turns to look at the man sitting on the round table near the door, "we don't need to talk about anything at all, we're fine aren't we? I'm a kindergarten teacher and you're an adult with a kid who goes to school everyday."

Jaemin growls and stands up running a hand through his hair, "can't we just address the elephant in the room?! Obviously we're not on good terms–"

"And never will be, again." Jeno cuts in.

"Oh my God shut up!" Jaemin scowled as he rubbed his temples. "Look," he starts off looking at the red hair as he calms down, "can't we talk properly as adults and fix whatever the fuck happened?"

"We can, I just don't want to," Jeno said biting back a scream as he felt triggered at the mention of his high school years.

Jaemin sighed walking over and catching Jeno's wrist as the latter was about to leave the classroom, "Jeno," he called and waits for the man to turn around.

Jeno scoffed and snatches his wrist away from Jaemin's grip before stepping back while looking at the blond.

"Can we talk privately alone later? Let's say Saturday, we can go to wherever you want," the elder shrugged at his suggestion.

Jeno remained silent as the blond sighed, "please? Let's catch up and fix whatever we have, maybe even start again as friends?" He asked hopefully.

The red haired bit his lip and sighed while shaking his head, "I'm sorry Jaemin," he said making the blond frown. "I have to go, drive home safely," he mumbled before heading off leaving Jaemin behind.