Chapter 92: And We're Off

Tuesday, May 8th, 1990

I booked my ticket for Japan with Heather we also received our Visas as well. We both decided to stay for a week. We're leaving on the 11th. Our flight is at 10 am, we won't be arriving until the 12th at 3 am early hours. Our flight is 17 hours. I still left out Heather, my mom would have asked too many questions. She would have found out that Heather is married to Tommy. And that would lead her straight to Nikki. Anyways, she was still freaking out and upset over the fact that I was taking this trip. I had to remind her that I am 20 years old and I need to start doing things for myself. However, after I said that I had to make a run for it with a shoe and spatula flying behind me.

As for Tamara. Well... she's a completely different story. She yelled and cursed nonstop about why I wanted to take a trip to Japan by myself. I lied to her as well and said I was just going with Jess. I told her that I just wanted a break to travel around. She said that I needed to have an escort other than Jess go with me. Jess said to her that I was fine to travel with just me and her. That pissed Tamara off even more, but she had to give in once my mom talked to her.

Heather and I went shopping and bought new clothes to wear to Japan. Jade came along for fun. We've been getting close since Rachel cut me off. In all honesty, it doesn't bother me... I mean it kind of does because I thought we were friends. But she meant it when she said she wouldn't associate with anyone who is talking to a rock star.

After shopping, Heather invited us over for some girl talk. This was our clique; we would go over to each other places and just gossip about everyone and everything there is to gossip about. We never really hung out with Sharise. Heather says she doesn't fit in with us. I felt bad, especially for Sharise because she's Vince's wife and I liked Vince. But she was right, she wasn't like us. We sat outside around the pool on the beach chairs, Heather and Jade were drinking alcohol while I drank a nice fruity drink.

"So, are you going to move in with Nikki or is he going to move in with you?" Heather casually asked as she sipped on her margarita.

"Heather!?" I chuckled humorously.

"I'm sorry... what!?" Jade asked with shock.

"Nikki asked Iman if they could live together." Heather smiled smugly.

"Now, he just asked if I would ever consider us moving in together."

"Are you going to get a place with Nikki?" She asked again laughing.

"Honestly, we're practically living together now and it's not that bad. I mean, he has bad habits that irritate me and when I tell him to stop, he does. Which is good." I smile.

"I don't think it's a good idea. I mean what would your mom say?" Jade spoke up.

"Yeah, I haven't told her yet about me and Nikki," I mumbled.

"Well, you should cause she is your mom. When I introduced Tommy to my dad, I was so nervous 'cause he wasn't the type of guy my dad wanted me to date." Heather chuckled. "But then again Tommy isn't as bad as Nikki. And Tommy can be controlled."