Chapter 15 : Whelve

[ There'll be grammatical errors and typos ]

[ Enjoy ~ ]

____________________

Fluttering my eyes open, I looked around me and saw a vast field of flowers, the sky was so blue and the breeze was warm

Inhaling the air around me I hear a familiar voice. It was soothing, soft, gentle and nostalgic. I followed the source of the voice and arrived to small hill with a single acacia tree at the middle.

Walking towards it I saw a woman standing besides it. Her skirt flows with the wind, the three strip of fabric that's dangling from her headband with single sampaguita flows along.

I stop not far from her and her soft humming of a nostalgic melody stopped as well.

There was nothing but the howling of the breeze around us and the rustling of the leaves from the acacia tree.

I swallowed hard and utter a word that I missed.

"Mama?..."

Slowly, she turns towards me and that familiar face and warm smile greeted me "yes anak?"

I sobbed and didn't even hesitate to run towards her and give her a hug. The warmth, the feeling of safety, the love that I feel whenever I embrace mama was all there.

"Shhhh... Why is my little Perla crying?"

I couldn't reply, I was too caught up and I missed her so much.

She chuckled ever so softly and started rubbing my back and patting my head "have you discovered something?"

I nodded in response.

"Good, I hope whatever you discovered was something that wouldn't change your perspective of someone"

I clutched on to her clothes "it didn't mama... I'm just so sad and I feel like a fool"

"Why is it?"

I look up to mama and didn't realize that my tears were obscuring my vision.

"Because, I was naive and foolish to think that papa... Was never consumed in anger"

She smiled and slides her thumb under my eyes, wiping the tears away like she always does; it makes it feel like she's wiping the pain away as well.

"Of course he is and it isn't your fault my little Perla, your papa was simply trying to protect you"

"I don't know why I'm angry and sad and... Hurt"

"Why not?"

I blinked multiple times "why... Not?"

"Yes; why not? Anyone in your position would feel the same way, it is a very dangerous secret"