Chapter 59 : Atropa Belladona

A few days ago...

Egypt and Nepal were in the laboratory. The exterior is probably not particularly noteworthy, but the interior is filled with all sorts of advanced equipment.

Egypt swirled the transparent liquid from the flask and watched it turn clear to a beautiful purple color.

“Will it work?” Nepal asked as he removed the goggles and gloves.

“It will.” Egypt replied and transferred the liquid to a miniature bottle.

“What if it won't? Then...”

“Then it won't, but I'm confident it will work.”

Nepal leaned on the table and sighed. “I wish I had your confidence.”

Egypt snickered before taking a flannel with blue liquid. “But if something wrong will happen—”

“I know... You'll leave it to us.”

Egypt smiled before nudging Nepal. He was grateful to meet this person who tolerates and understand his unique nature. “Sorry you had to go through this, the pressure must've been unbearable.”

Nepal shook his head, a rare smile on his face. “It was okay, I was not pressured.”

When Egypt transferred the blue liquid to a different bottle, he said, “Then... let's hope for the best.”

Nepal stared at his friend before ruffling the back of his hair. “Don't die... Or else she'll be sad, she'll be devastated.”

Egypt released a shuddered breath as he held his beating chest. “I won't, I promise.”

Nepal placed the two bottles in a small bag with a protective cover. “Alright... See you then...” He said and left the room.

Philipia was talking to Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Brunei on the phone when the door opened and Nepal came in.

Nepal didn't bother Philipia and proceeded to the table in the middle of the room where Singapore—who had just arrived yesterday— and France, alongside Canada who arrived today.

He placed the bag on the table. The leaders simultaneously turned their heads. Singapore uncomfortably pushed his glasses and took a sip of water.

Philipia ended the call and came up to them. When she saw the bag, she smiled. “Ready?”

Nobody replied but Philipia didn't need them to respond. She simply took the bottle with a purple liquid and turn to Nepal. “Are you going to use anesthesia?”

Present day...

“Miss, it's time to eat.”

Philipia didn't reply, she remained seated staring blankly at one corner of the room.

The head maid placed the tray on the table and placed a handkerchief on her lap. She took the spoon and fork and sliced the food into small sizes then feeding it to her leader.

“Miss, I made your favorite... Although it isn't as good as sir Mark's.”

Philipia still didn't respond.

The maid brought the spoon to her lips that remained shut. “Just a little... I'm sure it'll taste good.”

Finally, Philipia shifted a little and slightly opened her mouth. The head maid was ecstatic and carefully fed her.

Philipia chewed, slow and weak. The head maid thought her Miss didn't like it when she heard a soft, raspy voice saying, “It's good.”

The head maid's eyes sparkled. “Would you like another one, Miss?”