Chapter 30 : Calling me 'love' that only lovers would call.

Philipia replied casually, “I've been disappointed since the beginning.”

Greg looked at her, feeling a bit of a loss on what to do. He didn't know what to say to this youth who hides her face.

Philipia still continued to speak, “Ever since you left, ever since Tito misunderstood, ever since I found out about brother martial's feelings, ever since I discovered papa's secret... and ever since I was baptized.”

Greg said, “Why? It was your baptism! Every leader should be proud of it. It's an honor for a leader to get through their last baptism!”

Philipia replied displeased, “But what's the point? I couldn't save anyone!”

Greg sighed and held her shoulders, trying to calm her down as he sensed her agitated mood. “Alright, alright, whatever you say. But a leader, cannot be disappointed at their own baptism, pearl. It's the same as saying you're disappointed to a child who chose you.”

Philipia sat back down, “And so? Does it matter if this country chose me?”

Greg turn to the kettle and switched the fire off. He said, “Pearl. I won't argue about how you felt about us, but you can't say that.”

Philipia remained silent. Neither agreeing or rejecting.

Greg made a cup of hot cocoa and placed it in front of the youth. “Think about it first.”

Philia shakes her head. Her answer was as clear as day.

Greg sighed before he resumed his cooking.

Philia stared at the cocoa and cupped it with her hands. The warmth transferring to her ice cold hands. “This is why I hate you...” she whispered before moving her mask slightly to the side and took a sip.

The cocoa, was sweet.

*

Three days later.

Philipia saw moving trucks parked on the side of dormitory building 5.

“My god. More leaders are coming, surprise, surprise I guess.”

Philipia glanced at America who changed his sunglasses to a rimless glasses. Sensing her gaze, america gave her a smile, “Does it suit me?”

Philipia nodded, “I can see your blue eyes.”

America stilled for a second. He teased, “Do you like my eyes?” although he was just casually asking, but philipia really did think his eyes are beautiful.

Philipia replied, “I do. They're like the ocean and the sky.”

America laughed cheerfully, it was obvious his mood brightened even more, “Then from now on, I'll wear these glasses instead.”

Philipia gave him another nod, “Okay.”

Philipia looks back at the moving trucks and watched a few people coming in and out while carrying boxes.

All of a sudden, they heard a gasp from behind. Both america and philipia turn around and saw a leader standing there with a basket full of winter flowers.

“it's greenla--”

“Miss fairy! Golly! It's so nice of you to greet me! How did you know I'm arriving today?”

Greenland bypassed america and stood in front of philipia with a beaming smile and beaming eyes.

Philipia never really thought it was Greenland who was coming, she was only curious after she caught sight of a moving truck when walking back to her dorm.