Chapter 6 : Canon of lies

[ There'll be grammatical errors and typos ]

[ Enjoy~ ]

____________________

When you lie about something, is the consequence a good thing? Or a bad thing?

I'm not saying that lying is all bad; there are white lies. And white lies are something you do for the sake of something or someone better.

Why can't I see you? Can I see you? I'm dying to know who you are, I'm dying to meet you...

I stop and crumple the 34th paper I'm writing on before throwing it in my trash bin that's already full.

Not long ago, my pet owl Athena got lost and was missing for a few days.

I didn't know what happened to her or how she flew all the way to pangaea, fortunately, someone was kind enough to help and tend to her.

I couldn't be anymore grateful for this kind person who helped my one and only friend. I wanted to know who they were, but they'd rather keep themselves anonymous - it's fine for me but as days and weeks gone by.

I've become impatient, I've become curious: who is this person I'm talking to?

Right now, I'm in my own room in my dorm, sitting on my chair and writing on my 35th paper for the letter I'll be sending.

They replied on my last letter ( of me asking to meet them ) that they still can't meet me.

Who is this person? Why am I so anxious to meet them? Why am I so restless? Endless questions kept flooding in.

I sigh and leaned back on my chair before glancing to Athena who's asleep on her bird stand. I smiled and look back to the letter.

Taking their reply, I read it again for the third time.

You seem to be having fun in school, I sure hope you're doing well with your studies, life's been good on my side. How about yours?

Today, I saw a blue butterfly by my window, it gently lands on my finger and I get to examine it's beauty, it was really beautiful, unfortunately, butterflies tend to live short. Beautiful things tend to live short; don't you agree? I've also been giving Athena a quick grooming, she really needs it.

Oh by the way, this friday, there's going to be a fireworks display, make sure to look out your window, and they said; if make a wish on the fifth boom of the firework, exactly at 8 pm, your wish will be fulfilled.

Looking forward to your next letter.

I closed it neatly as I stared at the ceiling, leaning the letter close to me, that familiar minty smell lingers on it.

It's so familiar, I think I smelled it from someone else, though I can't seem to remember.

But fireworks huh? I hate anything loud and booming though and I'm sure - that myth of wishing on the fifth boom, it's just a hoax and it's just something for you to get hooked in.