Chapter 25 : Yellow Hair Clip

As philipia walked back, Laos' words lingered in her head.

What did he mean? Why did her reading mean justice? What kind of decision will she even make?

As she approach the dorm area. She hears distinct voices from afar, although faint, she can recognize who they belonged to.

“What?! she's giving birth?!”

Japan's voice resounded. She immediately leaned against the wall and slowly walked closer.

Tokyo's giving birth?

“Sadly yes, which means, if the baby is old enough to be separated from the mother, her punishment will be active again.” Tethys' voice sounded. It was much lower than before.

Japan gritted his teeth and sighed, “She still doesn't know Kyoto is dead.”

“Would you like me to tell her?”

“No! No... she, she can't know...”

Tethys narrowed his eyes, staring at the man who leaned against the wall, his eyes filled with worry. After Japan took care of the now-dying-racoons, he immediately went back at the academy. He couldn't bare to stay in their mansion where Kyoto's existence still lingered.

Tethys asked,“Why are you so afraid?”

Japan laughed, almost mocking either him or himself, “Unlike you, I don't torture my own siblings. Sure, Tokyo may be a bit of a handful, but I never once hurt her. I just lost a sister, and I'm losing another one again...”

Tethys fixed his cuffs, “It is her fault. She not only killed a child of mine, but she also broke a rule of her punishment.”

Japan looked at the man before him. Sorrow and anger all mixed together in his obsidian eyes, “A child of yours? It's Spain and Philipia's child.”

“It was mine...” if philipia didn't get a miscarriage, he could've held that childs hand, watch it grow, nurture it, spoil it. He could've had his philia too, and everything would've been perfect.

Japan scrutinized the man. Even for him, he can see a sad look in his eyes.

He can't understand it... This man was ruthless enough to torture his own blood related siblings, ruthless enough to have all those who sinned be killed in public.

But he is also soft enough to accept a child from his beloved that clearly has no relation to him.

Japan pursed his lips. Like him, he's a slave to love.

Philipia, hiding behind the wall, held her flat and empty abdomen.

She still hasn't thanked Tethys for helping her at that time in the restroom. Even in that situation, he controlled himself and sent her back safely.

“Nevertheless, Tokyo will know sooner or later. And once the baby is old enough...”

Japan leaned back on the wall, he said wearily, “Go ahead... what can I do anyways?”

Tethys didn't say anymore and turn to his heel. Japan watched his departing figure before he slides down against the wall. He sat on the cold snow and hugged his knee.

Even if he cried right now, no one will see. There's barely any students in school anyways, most of them went home, some even quit, some were just dead...

It was then a shadow covered him and Japan raised his head. The sun was behind the person, as if a golden halo was formed around them. Squinting his eyes a little, he could make out a petite girl with hair as blue as the sky.