Chapter 52 : Gallery room

Philipia woke up with a splitting headache. She groggily got up and went to the bathroom to wash her face with a cold water. After what felt like washing five times, she finally felt a little clear-headed.

It felt like she didn't have the willpower to go on living. She fought the power to sleep for a moment before rubbing her face with a towel.

“Ugh, alcohol isn't for me.”

Philipia walks back in her room and almost stumbled on the dress that was thrown askew on the floor. She picked it up and dumped it in the basket for dirty clothes. She doesn't wear most of her clothes anymore, even the dresses that Filipia used to wear. At this point, it was all just piling up in the wardrobe and drawers.

She looked at the dirty clothes she's yet to wash. Even though she hasn't been doing anything, she felt exhausted just by looking at it.

Philipia went to the kitchen and made herself a quick breakfast and some coffee. Just then, her phone rang with a new message. Philipia picked up her phone while drinking her coffee and saw two messages from two people.

La_os: [Good morning.]

IamK-pop: [I saw the videos last night. Your blessings looked so fun! (⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠෴⁠ ⁠༎ຶ⁠)]

Philipia replied to Laos first, greeting back: [Good morning] and replied to South afterwards: [Video? What Video?]

IamK-pop: [This *link*]

Philipia clicked on the linked and she was directed to a social media app. As she was about to watch it, turning her phone horizontally, an incoming call from an unknown number appeared.

[Unknown number is calling]

Philipia looked at the unknown number with confusion. She didn't immediately answer it and simply watched the call go on for about a minute before it naturally dropped. Maybe someone called her number accidentally? She thought and was about to resume watching the video when the same unknown number called again.

“Who...?” she muttered and hesitantly answered the call.

“Hello?”

There was no sound. Philipia looked at the screen in doubt, thinking she must've dropped the call instead of answering but saw she was currentl on call. “Hello?” she called again.

On the other side, she can hear something rustling and faint sound of someone breathing. “Who is this?”

Philipia was about to hang up when the caller finally responded, “Don't...” and the call ended.

Listening to the sound of the tone, Philipia was in deep thought. Who was that? She wondered and attempted to call the number back.

[The number you called is unavailable right now...]

The toaster sounded and the bread popped out. Philipia placed her phone down before transferring the bread on a plate. She was thinking about the phone call, although it was a short and weird exchange, and felt her gut telling her it must've been something important.

Thinking about the blessing that happened at midnight, Philipia finally recalled that certain connection that she had. That connection was so faint and so far away, as though hidden, and didn't respond to her bond. There were others whom she had a connection that were located in different parts of the world, but they all responded with great enthusiasm, as if joyful that they could still be connected to her.

But that one connection, felt so familiar but Philipia couldn't remember when and where she felt that. She never felt this before, probably because she was the one responding and Martial was the one attending the party before.