Chapter 43 : Chick Imprint

【 (≧▽≦) 】

____________________

America frowned. He inquired, “Why? What's wrong?”

Canada pursed his lips. He threw the papers on the coffee table and observed his surroundings. The high window, the scarlet curtains, and the Victorian style living room. His expression was impassive and his eyes were bitingly cold.

“I just want to see her...No, it should be that I want to show her something.”

America felt something was wrong, “What do you want to show her?”

Canada was quiet for a second, [Joe... There's a war coming. The world is going back to that era where everything is nothing but chaos.]

“What do you mean... bro, you're not making any sense right now! I'll call Aust and Zea!”

[Just take philipia... All of you as well. There's something I want to show you.]

The call ended.

America stared at the screen before it turned off. The screen blackened and his reflection could be seen.

On the other side, Canada threw his phone away, shattering it to pieces. Although he was impassive, although he was expressionless, his hands were trembling from anger.

“Make sure you don't regret it... Canada.”

Canada turned to the woman sitting on one of the sofa, smoking a pipe while wearing a feathered hat and gown.

“I should ask you instead. Mother.”

France or Gaul, mother of the four leaders and wife of UK, drank her tea leisurely.

“I have been married for over a hundred and more years with him. What else should I regret? Regret being beaten because he lost his beloved? Regret that he chose me to acquire more power?”

Canada scoffed and rolled his eyes. “Is it my fault?” he sat down and held his forehead, “Whatever. I don't care. Now that he's about to start some shit, I might as well expose his dirty secret to his sons, as well as to the daughter of his departed lover.” he said. His eyes glinting with a cold light.

...

Philipia and South walked around for a while before they found a quiet but relaxing café not far from the academy. Philipia sat on her chair and held the cup of coffee and warm her palm.

“Whew, that's cold. I still can't believe you didn't wear any jacket and forgot about it.” South sat down and shivered.

Philipia was naturally a warm blooded person, thus she's a bit immune to the cold such as this. But for South who lived in a cold country, was already freezing even just by looking at the casual appearance of Philipia sitting across him.

South took a sip from his sweet and slightly bitter chocolate cocoa drink. “So, how are you these days? How was your winter break?”

Philipia recalled her winter break before she shook her head.

“That bad huh? That's fine. My winter break wasn't any better, that Atlantis guy? He's a jerk! An asshole! First, he was placed in our classroom, then he's now in the same room as I am! It's ridiculous! Good thing I asked for permission if HE could change classrooms, not me!” South continued on his complaints and rants while Philipia remained quiet and listened.

Earlier, she almost walked in on Atlantis ‘doing’ someone else again. If he caught her, it would've been awkward.

“Hey, are you listening?”