Chapter 45

【 Warning! There will be angst ❤️ 】

____________________

Philipia felt like she was being moved to the center of the bed. Her arms, neck, and face were gently cleaned with a clean and warm cloth.

It took a lot of effort to open her eyes and see her surroundings.

“We can't just tell them...”

“What do you want me to do then? You've seen her condition, something must've happened to her!”

“Keep your voice down China. She is still resting, we'll see what we can do once she's awake.”

Philipia fluttered her eyes open, her eyelashes quivered like a fan. Nepal, who was holding a warm cloth, saw her open eyes and gently wiped her forehead.

He looked at her with the same expressionless face, but his eyes were gentle and soothing.

“Awake?” He whispered. The two men behind him still continued to discuss in a low voice.

Philipia swallowed hard and nodded.

“Shhh... take your time, just rest more my friend.”

Friend...

Is Nepal her friend of Filipia's?

Nepal saw her looking at him in a daze. He sighed, takes out a small vial and leaned it close to her nose. “Egypt made this with the materials in the garden we made. It can help you relax your muscles.”

Philipia wasn't completely awake yet and unconsciously obeyed his words. His voice was kind and gentle, very calm and soothing as though lulling you to sleep.

She inhaled from the small vial and a minty and cool smell wafted to her nose. Her eyelids began to get heavier and heavier. Not long after, she fell asleep once again. But this time, it was more peaceful and relaxing.

Nepal sighed in relief, he put away the vial and resumed wiping her body but stop just as he was about to wipe her neck. He saw the dense hickies around it, like blooming purple flowers on a clean field. It was dark and it looked painful.

It wasn't the type of hickey that was filled with passion. But it felt like the person who placed them were mad, hungry, and crazy. There were even bite marks that was bleeding a bit around her collarbone and shoulder. There were also a faded bruise on her cheek and chin, as though someone grabbed her forcefully and make her face that person against her will.

But as he was about to wipe downwards, he saw the ripped shirt and another batch of hickies around her chest, stomach, abdomen and even further down.

Nepal breaths out a shaky breath and stopped. He couldn't even imagine what she has gone through. While he was out there tending and caring a plant, the person whom he cared about was suffering by themselves. He felt like he failed as a friend.

“How is she?” Egypt asked with his eyebrows still furrowing.

“She woke up just now.” he said, “but I put her back to sleep once more, she needs to rest.”

Egypt nodded and glanced back towards China who was walking around the living room back and forth. His expression was solemn and agitated. His mind was in deep thought as he circled the whole house except the bedroom.

When they got here, they saw the house was a mess. Bullet holes were on the wall, a shotgun by the kitchen floor, an embedded knife on a hanged cutting board, untouched dinner, ripped fabrics all over the floor.

But what shocked them the most was when they entered the bedroom. The bed was messy, the blankets and pillows fallen, and a lonely person lay on the edge of the bed. Her body was weak, filled with unimaginable traces, dense hickies around her neck and chest, red puffy eyes, and trembling.