Chapter 38

【 ( ╹▽╹ ) 】

____________________

Philipia stayed in that hotel for the whole winter break. Meanwhile, Jack and Greg, who have been looking for philipia like crazy, finally calmed down when they found out where she currently is by China.

“It's best if you leave her alone for the time being. I don't know what you did—and I don't care— but please give her some space. If she wants to talk to you, she will reach out on her own volition, but if she hasn't replied to your text messages or calls, behave yourself.” China warned.

Although Jack really did not want to listen to him, especially of it's his student, he could not help but thought how he was right. After the messed up shit he did, of course anyone would want to stay away.

Thus, Jack resumed his work in school like a dejected wolf that was abandoned by its owner.

Greg on the other hand was more understanding and took over the procedures of the his father's secret club, slowly moving everything without alarming Martial, to a faraway place—at least that's what Egypt said.

Greg opened the bottle cap and downed the whole water. “Damn it. This is making me nervous and tired and stress...”

Egypt, who was writing on a clipboard, replied, “You just carried a sack of pearls, why are you already tired?”

Greg furrowed his eyebrows, “I carried not only the sack of pearls but all the damn golds! I'm even starting to hate gold! Look at me! I'm covered in golden dust!”

Egypt sighed tiredly and looked at him as if looking at an idiot. “Aren't you suppose to be happy? Anyone would die in your place just so they can touch gold or shower in golden dust.”

“it's itchy as fuck! It's even more itchy than my pubic hair!” He angrily said while scratching his arm and dusting his hair.

Egypt stopped writing and looked at him in disgust, “What in the pharaoh's name are you even talking about? How are your words so disgusting?!”

Greg raised a brow, “As if you don't scratch your balls.” he commented.

Egypt scoffed and with a prideful face, he stated, “I do not! And I shave down there! How about you? Who knows how many mites and lice is living in there for your balls to even itch! Eugh!” he turned to his heel and began inventorying to another spot.

“I also shave! Both down there and my armpits!” he yelled, his voice echoing in the empty underground.

Meanwhile, Nepal, who was cleaning in the meeting room with Italy, found an old rectangular wood, at the very dark corner besides the work table.

The rectangular wood was thin and it had a small rusted lock on the side. Nepal took a plier and gently removed the lock and realized it was a portrait that can be folded.

He took a disposable glove, and slowly opened it. Small dust and dead wood mites fell as he opened the portrait and used a soft brush to brush the excess waste away.

On it was a lifelike painting of a girl and a man. On the right side was a painting of a beautiful girl and the left was a painting of a handsome man.

The girl on the right looked like your typical girl next door. She had her hair tied into twin braids resting on her chest, her eyes were upturned, her nose bridge was high, and her lips were small and cute with a little hint of sweet smile. For a moment, Nepal thought it was philipia, but the woman was much younger and a bit different.

On the left was a portrait of a man. He looked heroic, a chiseled face, cold and serious eyes with longer eyelashes, sword eyebrows, and lips formed into a half smile as though seducing as well as sneering at him. Even though it was just an old picture, Nepal felt intimidated.