New Year Special

A/N: Hello everyone! This chapter is replacing our typical update, but is just as long as a usual chapter. I had so much fun writing the Christmas special and you all enjoyed it so much that I decided to write a New Year special as well. And because this story is somewhat coming to a close, maybe I just want to keep extending it as much as I can, lol. I hope you enjoy the chapter and this upcoming week. Happy New Year!

• • •

"I can't believe your mom sent us to check out this club for her possible next perfume debut. I mean, this is the hottest club right now!" I said, as I took in the booming music from the outside of the venue, "And on New Year's Eve of all days, it's perfect."

The club was already packed to the brim with a line circling around the entire building. It was decked out in flashing lights with a modern twist given the dome shape of the club, and the glass panels that covered the entire upper area of the club.

The glass area was reserved for VIPs, but not just any VIPs. They had the standard VIP booths and back rooms, but they also had upper VIP section. As you can guess, only the best of the best receive entrance. And well, Kyle is the best of all.

"Oh please, this is more for her than it is for us. We both don't even like clubbing."

"But it's how we met. And I'd love to spice it up with you on the dance floor."

"Well, when you put it like that, it doesn't sound so bad," Kyle said, gripping my waist and giving me a kiss.

I was feeling bubbly and as light as a cloud, though Kyle and I hadn't even began drinking yet. The walk down the carpet to the club entrance was very extra, but I loved it.

Kyle owned it, as he always did. The crowd of people waiting in line looked at us in disgust as Kyle was waved in. He didn't have to say his name. He didn't even have to take his sunglasses off. They just knew he was Kyle Wells and he could walk right in and own this club in a second if he dared to.

It was something I wasn't used to yet. But, somehow, the effortlessness was so sexy. Kyle exuded power and he knew it, but he didn't show it off. I knew he was proud, but he was discreet and humble. The power he possessed was something spectacular. I could watch him all day in his natural habitat, running the world, or so it seemed. I was always extremely attracted to him, but seeing him in his element sparked something else for me. I wasn't sure what, but I just couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

The best part is that I am all his. And everyone knew it because of this ring on my finger.

"Let's get drinks, baby," he said, holding my hand and pulling me near the bar.

We sat down in the exclusive bar area, and I looked around.

There were people dancing everywhere, the bar was full, but in this exclusive area, we were given some space. But we could see everything. I could see the blonde girl in the corner trying her best not to let anyone know she was giving a guy a handjob even though she was failing at being discreet. I saw the man drinking the night away because of his misery, there were tears running down his face, but he chased them away with a shot of whiskey. Clubs and bars were filled with all kinds of people, from every stage of life, and maybe that's why so many people were drawn to come here. That and the booze, hooking up with strangers, occasional strippers, yeah. We're all a little fucked up.

But Kyle and I, we were happy to be here together. I was happy to see the New Year's decorations and headbands on random people's heads, and the excitement on everyone's faces. A group of strangers ringing in the new year together, but that just made me even happier that Kyle was here with me.