Chapter 73

The weekend spent with Amalia went by way too fast. Every moment these days seemed to be going by so fast. It had already been two weeks since I had been in New York.

Wedding planning was in full swing. I felt like between work, the wedding, the adoption and buying a house, I barely had a moment to just breathe, but somehow, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Kyle and I always had something going on, but I was really excited for our plans the next few days. We had just taken our engagement photos last weekend, but luckily, I was able to talk Celeste out of an engagement party. It wasn't easy, but I couldn't handle a party on top of all of the planning. I thought six months was a lot of time, but it turns out, I was wrong.

We had to find the perfect cake flavor and design, flowers, and don't even remind me that we do not have a destination yet. I know, what do you mean?

Kyle wanted to have a destination wedding, but I didn't want to because then that would be more work for everyone involved. With the honeymoon, we didn't need a destination wedding too.

Kyle suggested the Plaza, but there was no way I wanted to do that. Maybe if we lived in New York, but we don't. I know it's fully booked and he would have to pull some strings on top of that, so there was no way and our families would still have to travel.

"I know this sounds crazy, but let's get married in a castle," Kyle said, as we were flipping through wedding magazines.

"A castle? I'm all about being a princess, K, but a castle?"

"Yes! Here it is!"

Kyle showed me the castle, and while it did resemble a castle, it had a more modern feel to it. It looked like a large estate, a mansion that had features of a castle. It's extravagant, but not too much. I like it.

"I actually think it's pretty nice. The pictures would be incredible, especially with my dress."

"Are you sure I can't see it?"

"You know it's bad luck. But anyways, the fountain is gorgeous. Your mom would definitely approve since she has been telling everyone it will be the event of the year."

"It will be, baby, just on a lower scale than she is envisioning."

"I guess so. Can you check the availability?"

"Sure. Huh, it's for sale."

"Really?"

"Yeah! I think we should go take a look. I'm sure my realtor could get us in."

"Alright, let's do it."

"I'm going to call him right now."

I continued to flip through magazines, with no luck on my end.

"Great news. We can go visit tomorrow!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think it's great. A suburban dream."

"Great selling point."

"Maybe we should consider it."

"Are you serious? A castle to live in?"

"I know it's a little crazy, but it's so gorgeous. How amazing would it be to get married in the home of our dreams with our closest friends and family? I think it would be really special. We could surprise them with the purchase after the wedding."

"Let's just wait and see."

I was skeptical about having such a large house or should I say, mansion. It's not something I was used to. I still drive a red pickup truck for goodness sake.