Chapter 39

Kyle's POV

Oh shit. I didn't know how to get out of this one. But I should definitely try.

"Babe, it was two glasses on the plane ride. I've drank a ton of water and I'm completely sober now. Seriously."

"God, babe, you couldn't just take a sleeping pill or something?"

"I know, I'm sorry. Please forgive me? I missed my girl," and I grabbed Mia by the waist, planting a kiss on her lips.

She stroked my hair, while she kissed me back, so I knew I was secretly forgiven.

She mumbled against my lips, "Still not forgiven."

"Shh," and I kept kissing her, never wanting to pull away.

But we were interrupted by some voices.

"Aww, aren't they darling?" Mia's mom cooed.

My eyes widened as I quickly pulled away from her daughter. It was even worse when I saw her dad standing right behind her mother with a frown on his face.

So much for first impressions.

"Mom, dad, this is Kyle! My boyfriend."

Mia's mom enveloped me in a hug quickly,

"It's so nice to meet you, Kyle! I'm Deborah, but you can call me Debbie or even mom! Any of them is fine with me, honey."

"It's so nice to meet you too, Debbie. It's a pleasure," and I returned her embrace, and when she finally pulled away, I handed her the large bouquet of flowers I brought her.

Mia had told me the biggest bouquet of colorful flowers you can find and any white wine would do for her mother, while her dad would take a bottle of whiskey or a pack of beers.

"These are lovely, thank you, Kyle."

"One more thing, a bottle of white wine. I heard it's your favorite."

"You heard correctly, dear. So thoughtful of you."

I turned to Mia's father, his glare softened lightly by the gifts I brought his wife.

"Sir, I'm Kyle Wells. It's a pleasure to finally meet the man that has raised this wonderful woman."

"Thank you, Mia is a pretty great," and he hugged Mia to his side.

"I'm Christopher, you can call me Chris," and he shook my hand firmly, letting me know if I ever hurt his daughter, he will do more than just break my hand.

"I brought you some beer and whiskey, I figured you'd might need it after meeting me."

Chris laughed at that, finally letting a smile cover  his face.

"I appreciate it, Kyle. You and I can get to this after dinner."

"Yes, sir."

"Chris, you can call me Chris."

We all started to head inside, and Mia looked behind to give me a thumbs up, which made me feel a little better after her parents did catch us making out.

"Hey Kyle," Mavy said, taking me into a quick side hug.

"Hi Mavy. Have you been good?"

"I'm always good."

"Rosa has been asking about you."

Her eyes widened and she desperately looked around.

"What did you tell her?"