Chapter 30

A/N: Just a quick author's note to let you know that I am back to college now, so updates may be a little slower than usual, possibly not on Fridays either. I will try my best to keep up with the current schedule. Thank you for reading!

• • •

Chapter 30

*2 months later*

It had been about two months since I had started as Mr. Reynold's assistant and honestly, everything had been going well.

Surprisingly, there had been no other incidents resembling the one with Mr. Frontier.

In fact, the issues with Mr. Frontier got quite a lot of attention, as his lawyer spoke up on his actions. He was put down for belittling women, and the string of companies that had broke their contracts with his company also came forward. Multiple allegations were held against him, and somehow, I knew Kyle was partly to blame. I felt bad at first, until his assistant came forward. She expressed her dissatisfaction working with him, and how he threatened her on more than one occasion. The only way she kept her job was by sleeping with him, but he left her with no choice. Her name was Annie, and she desperately needed the money for her mother's cancer treatments. His paychecks were generous when she pleased him, but Annie felt disgusted, with him, but more so by herself. She felt like she didn't know who she was anymore, and her heart went out for his wife.

Yes, he was married. He married his college sweetheart at twenty five. That was ten years ago. The two share a young daughter, only four years old. My heart ached for his daughter, such a sweet, innocent soul corrupted by her father's wrongdoings.

The news blared,
"Jamie Frontier has now filed for divorce from her husband, Robin Frontier, following cheating allegations. She has also expressed the desire to seek for full custody of their four year old daughter, Mallory."

"Wow, now I feel even worse for their daughter, and Jamie of course."

Kyle squeezed me, kissing my neck softly.

"I know, love. Those ladies deserve better."

Kyle and I were currently sitting together on my couch, my body nestled into his as he held me from behind. His hand curved into my body in a slow rhythm, sliding up and down in a soothing manner.

"Does divorce scare you?" I voiced quietly, aware of the suffering Kyle went through after his dad left his mother.

"This is going to sound ambitious, but I don't think I'll ever have to worry about divorce. I'm almost positive I've found my perfect match," and his thumb circled around the palm of my hand.

I knew our relationship had moved pretty fast. But something in my heart told me that Kyle was right. I could see myself marrying him one day, and once I did, I would never let him go.

"I think you're right."

He pressed a sweet kiss on my lips in response, and our eyes averted back to the television.

Kyle never stopped his movements against my skin, it was almost like he was nervous for something.

No, he was nervous about something.

Kyle had been acting strange for a few days, a bit jittery when I was around, like he was holding something back. Maybe even withholding something from me. I hadn't bothered to ask because I figured it was work, the stress of the company, things Kyle didn't want to weigh me down with. I didn't mind one bit, I loved to hear about Kyle's job and to offer any help to him I may, but I knew it was just his way of protecting himself from looking vulnerable.