Chapter 85

When Kyle and I returned back home, we had a nice day with Amalia before we returned to work. I felt like I had missed a lot of work these past six months because of Angelo, the wedding, and then the honeymoon.

It felt nice to actually be back for once, though there was still a sense of uncertainty. There was still more I wanted from my career, but I was content for now.

I wasn't sure I wanted to rush things and hurry into a new project because Kyle and I were still trying to figure out life with a child and possibly another on the way eventually. It didn't seem like the time to try to make a big move, though it might give me more time with our kids, but I'd have to quit completely.

I'm not ready to give up this job after all I've done to get to this point. I love my job. So I'm just going to enjoy it while I can.

"How was the honeymoon?" All of the girls surrounded me, trying to find out all of the dirty details surrounding our private time.

I was still on a blissful high, so I replied, "It was absolutely perfect."

"And the sex?"

"You guys act like I waited until marriage. It's the same as before, but it always gets better," I replied, winking.

"Ugh, I'm so jealous. My boyfriend seems to get worse," one of them said in response, causing us all to start laughing.

"Girl, leave him, then."

"Agreed."

"Nah, he's got money."

"That's awful," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, not everyone has it all like Mr. Wells."

"That's true," I smiled.

"Now you're Mrs. Wells, so exciting!"

I had thought about keeping my last name, but Kyle insisted I take his and honestly, Mia Wells sounds pretty damn good. I had just filed the paperwork for the official change, so I was already committed to the process.

I also wanted to have the same last name as my children, so I was happily Mrs. Wells.

"Yeah, it is, girls. I'd love to tell you more, but I haven't been to work in awhile. See you all later," and I walked to my office.

I was surprised as I entered because there was a large bouquet of flowers and my favorite coffee. I took out the card as I sat down and spun around in my chair, "I'm missing you so much already. Have a wonderful first day back. I love you so much, gorgeous. Thinking of our days in paradise...Love your husband, Kyle."

I sighed, leaning back in my chair and thinking of my amazing husband. I loved him so much. I was inclined to send him something in return, but decided to surprise him at lunch with his favorite pizza later in the day.

The first part of the day went by relatively quickly. I was busy with meetings with Mr. Reynolds. We barely had a chance to catch up until it was almost lunchtime.

"So, Mia, now that we've caught up with the work, how was the honeymoon?"

"It was wonderful. I definitely needed the relaxation after wedding planning, I hope you enjoyed the wedding?"

Mr. Reynolds and his longtime girlfriend, Keely, joined us for the ceremony and reception. I had briefly seen and talked to them, but was happy they could attend.

"Yes, it was lovely. I don't mean to bring up anything negative, but I wanted to connect more with my children after that. Time is priceless."

"You're right about that. I'm sure they'd be happy to see more of you."