Chapter 75

Kyle's POV

One month until the wedding.

That was all that was on my mind lately, that and the adoption. Amalia was almost officially ours or at least in the sense that she would come live with us, and we couldn't wait for that day.

The last few months had been chaotic and it was only getting worse. There were people constantly in and out of our new house, bringing decorations and tables and all of that wedding stuff.

But our Bachelorette and Bachelor parties were awaiting us at the end of this week. I know what you're thinking, but the wedding is a month away!

We decided to celebrate a little bit earlier because we knew we would have to get all of the wedding stuff in order and moving Amalia here would be taking place before the wedding.

And of course, I had a few surprises for Mia that she didn't know about. Mia had never been to Vegas and well, what's more appropriate than for your Bachelorette party?

Absolutely nothing.

It was everything. Mia assumed we had booked a club or something basic like that, and while Vegas could be considered basic, I knew she'd be surprised and excited.

I could do without the jet ride over there, but for Mia, I'd do anything.

My mother had somehow invited herself, which made Mia's mother also want to join, so I wished the best for Mia because I'm not sure how well strippers and our mothers will go together.

I'd prefer there weren't any strippers obviously, but that's just not realistic. Once I told Rosa about the plans, her eyes lit up as she ran off to book the strippers already. Yeah, my friend everyone.

I'm sure my other friends had similar things planned for me so I couldn't complain, though I could care less about seeing any woman strip down to almost nothing, considering I had Mia. These parties were never my thing, but now, they definitely weren't.

I tried to cancel my own, but it went something like this.

*"So, I'm skipping the bachelor party. You can still have yours, of course, but I don't want one."

Mia and my mother looked up at me, taking their attention away from a wedding magazine.

"I'm sorry, but you're skipping your Bachelor party? You can't do that," Mia said.

"And as much as I don't want to envision my son fawning over naked women, this is the last night for you and the guys. I know it's not your scene, dear, it's not Mia's either, but it's a time to celebrate with your friends. It's not just about what goes on at one."

"I'd much prefer to stay with Mia," I said, grabbing her hand and giving it a kiss.

"You know I would too, K. But we have forever together, don't forget that," Mia said, kissing my cheek.

"And by the way, I already sent out the invitations anyways," my mother said.

"What? Who did you invite?"

"Some of your work guys, friends of friends, you know, the guys."

I rolled my eyes and realized I wasn't getting out of this one.*

Now, I had to go tell Mia that she actually needed to pack to leave the state and not just our house. Our space was becoming barer each day, but it was still filled with so much love. I felt it with every step, and especially as I walked by Angelo's framed sonogram pictures.