Chapter 77

Kyle's POV

The Wedding Rehearsal

Almost two weeks have passed since Amalia finally moved to Chicago to live with us and honestly, it couldn't be going better.

She has fit right in with our everyday routine, but I'll never forget her first day starting school out here in Chicago.

Mia put her hair into two pigtails with bows like she asked for, and she wore a brand new pink dress that she couldn't stop talking about. We even had her Barbie lunch box packed alongside her princess backpack.

Mia and I both held her hand as we walked through the halls of her new school, showing her to her new classroom.

We arrived before everyone else, so she could meet her teacher and while she was incredibly shy, she warmed up easily to her teacher. And as soon as kids started swarming in, all of the kids wanted to get to know her.

Mia and I watched through the window of the door, and all we could see was her smile as she talked to everyone.

I was so grateful the kids were welcoming to her because if they weren't, as a new dad, I'm not sure what I'd do. I'm very protective of my girls, but let's be honest, I'm also a total softie.

Ever since then, I've been dropping Amalia off to school everyday because it's nearer to my job. And after the first week, Amalia was enrolled into an after school club program so Mia or I could pick her up after work. We switched off when we could, and on occasion, I got off early to take her for ice cream after school. These were the type of things I always envisioned for my life finally coming true.

Mia would make us a homemade meal almost daily and we would gather around the table and talk about our day. We'd get some play time or tv time in before getting ready for bed, our nightly bedtime story and kisses.

Every once in awhile, Amalia had another nightmare, so she would climb into our bed in the middle of the night. But for the majority of the past two weeks, she sleeps through the night in her room.

It's been amazing and I don't say that lightly.

Obviously, adjusting to having an additional person in the home, a little child, was difficult. Mia and I couldn't sleep in on the weekends, and we definitely didn't have the privacy to do whatever we wanted to each other anymore. We found ways to be intimate, but it's only been two weeks. There hasn't been much to miss yet. But of course, we didn't want to risk Amalia having a nightmare and walking in on us. That could potentially be scarring and we were very cautious about that.

Most of all, there has just been an immense amount of love. There was already so much love between Mia and I, but adding Amalia in, added more than I ever thought possible. It was probably because she was the sweetest little girl, but I don't know. The hugs and kisses, the cute drawings, the quality time spent together, it was all so wonderful. I loved when it was Mia and I, but somehow, I love it even more now. I love being a parent. A dad. A daddy or dilf as Mia would say.

Yeah, I'll stick to dad for now.

Besides that, well, pure madness.

Mia is not a bridezilla, but my mother is I guess, the monster-in-law. She has been stressing so much over wedding details. She constantly calls Mia and I checking on random things that I don't even know about, which has been so stressful. Managing all of these things at once was a lot, which is why I am so happy to say that tomorrow is our wedding day.

I know, our WEDDING DAY!

I have been waiting for this day for what feels like years. For awhile, I didn't know if I wanted to fall in love. It was just too hard being in my position, but I would do everything a million times over just to get Mia and our family. This is what life is all about.