Easter Special

A/N: Happy Easter (if you celebrate it)! If you don't, Happy Spring! I hope you enjoy this little special I couldn't refuse writing. Enjoy your week!💕

| |

"This is her first Easter with us, you have to do it, babe."

"Mia, I look ridiculous."

"You don't, in fact, you look great."

"You can't even see me!"

"Then how could you look ridiculous?"

"That's why it's ridiculous."

"That's why it's perfect."

"Don't you think she will know it's me?"

"Probably, but you still need to be in bunny mode regardless."

"Great, thanks. I don't see why you can't wear it."

"I won't fill it out, I don't have all of your muscles."

"I can't argue with you there."

"Hey! I work out," I tried to say seriously, before we both burst out into laughter because I definitely do not work out. Barely ever.

"Alright, so stay in that bunny suit for at least the first part of the party," I told Kyle.

"Whatever."

I kissed Kyle before he put the bunny head back on, while I went to tend to the kitchen.

Kyle and I were throwing an Easter brunch get together for our family, as it was Amalia's first Easter with us and the family was eager to celebrate together. It was our first real holiday with all of us here, so it was indeed, very special.

I was also cooking all of the food, and this was my first time cooking for so many people. I was definitely nervous that no one would enjoy it or there wouldn't be enough, but looking at it all, I felt overly prepared.

I went for a bit of variety, with some homemade waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, and sausage. Those were the breakfast options, but I also made a nice green salad, cut up some fruit and prepared some turkey wraps. There was orange juice and champagne for mimosas, a smoothie bar, I went all out. I did have a little help with the smoothies, but that's about it. The rest was all me.

Our family was already here, waiting for the bunny to make his appearance. I joined Amalia and the others as Kyle made his debut as the stand-in Easter bunny.

"The Easter bunny is here!" Amalia said, running away from my arms and entering the arms of the Easter bunny.

"Wow, the bunny came all of the way here to see you, Amalia," I said, joining her.

"Oh, thank you, bunny! I'm so happy to see you."

"I'm happy to see you too, Amalia. I've heard good things about you from Santa and the tooth fairy," Kyle said, attempting a squeaky voice.

It took everything in me to refrain from laughing. I had never heard that voice, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to hear it again. The only reason being so I could laugh my ass off.

"I tried to be good this year."

"You were! I brought some surprises for you. I've hidden eggs all over, you have to go find them. And when you find the golden egg, there will be an even bigger surprise waiting for you."

"Yay! Thank you!"

"You're welcome!"

"Can you help me look?"