Chapter 23

Kyle's POV

After we ate, I escorted Mia to bed because she wasn't feeling too well. I stayed with her for awhile even after she fell asleep. I stroked her hair back, and observed her peaceful state.

She was so beautiful, and I was so lucky. Mia was the epitome of beauty, grace, everything pure. And I didn't know how I had her in my life, but I knew I would cherish her forever.

After all, I loved her.

Wait, I should slow down.

What did I just think?

That burning in my chest, the light, airy feeling when I'm around her, my constant desire to be touching some part of her, it all made sense.

You don't feel things like that with a fling.

I was in love with Mia. And I might just be realizing this, but I know I've been in love with her for a long time. I just never realized it until now. And I didn't want to lose her. I never thought that I would fall for someone so quickly, or even find someone that could remotely come close to what I have found in Mia.

I couldn't resist kissing her cheek, and when I was pulling away, my lips slightly brushed her ear, as I whispered, "I love you."

"You love her?" Mavy whispered, startling me.

I signaled for her to be quiet by putting my finger to my lips, as I tried to leave the room, closing the door behind us.

"So?" Mavy asked again.

"Of course I do. She's the best thing in my life."

"Wow."

"Your sister means a lot to me and I want you to know that. I may not have told her yet, but I think I just realized it myself."

"That makes me really happy. You guys deserve each other."

"Thank you, Mavy. I have your blessing?"

"Yeah, I like you, Kyle."

I chuckled, "I'm glad. After all, you're now one of the most important women in my life."

"Aww, you really are a charmer."

"I try."

"When do you plan to tell her?"

"Oh, I don't know. Isn't it too soon?"

"No. You should tell her whenever you get the chance. She'll love it, imagine the spontaneity."

"I think the whole point of spontaneity is not to prepare it."

"Okay, well, you know what I mean. If you get a spare moment with her, take her on a small walk, and say it. She's my sister, so I feel confident when I say that I think she feels the same way."

"That means a lot. I sure hope so. I'll try to tell her soon."

"Let me know how it goes."

That led to us exchanging contact information, before I let her get back to her college applications. I didn't really have much to do, except catch up on some paper work, so it was honestly music to my ears when Mavy called me to help her.

"Hey, what's up?" And I leant against the door, as Mavy stared at her computer.

"Can you proofread this for me? I would wait and ask Mia, but I actually don't want to show her this. At least, not yet."

"Yeah, of course."

My eyes widened as I realized what Mavy had written was about Mia.

And it was beautiful. I definitely think Mia needed to see this one day, maybe on a day when she was down or maybe the day Mavy leaves for college.