Part 6

" please kill me." James said as he laid face down on the couch.

Remus rolled his eyes as he shut the book he was holding and hit the back of james' head.

" you're over exaggerating."

James sat up and turned around to face him.

" she said he was in love before. WHO COULD THAT BE?!"

" i dont know, none of your business?!" Moony yelled back. James scoffed and laid back down.

" what we talking about?" Peter said as he strolled in. Remus pointed at james and peter nodded knowingly.

" is he still on about Snape?"

" yep." remus hit james again. He let out a groan but didnt change his position.

" come on dude so hes been in love before. Up until like 3 weeks ago you were in love with lily." Peter said. He sat himself down on one of the armchairs and fidgeted with his wand.

" wrong. I still love lily." The muffled voice of james spoke.

" pfft yeah right. Thats why you're obsessing over Snape and taking him to the ball instead of her." Peter continued.

James rolled over again and stared at him.

" i cant bring a muggleborn to this Purebloods ball, thats how i get my not so accepting grandmother to cut me out of the will."

" you know who else is a pureblood that is taking a muggleborn despite her family's wishes-?"

"Marlene." Sirius said out of the blue.

The three marauders jumped out of their seats as Sirius revealed himself.

" what the fuck padfoot?!" Moony cursed while he clenched his chest.

" oh come on, im just messing with you all."

sirius unravelled the invisibility cloak and threw it at james who was still slightly paralyzed.

" but Wormtail is right Prongs. I don't think you are in love with lily anymore. Not like she would ever go for you anyway."

Sirius' snickering was cut short by a maroon pillow colliding with his face. Sirius stared at the culprit shocked and returned the pillow in the same fashion.

" shut up padfoot. You can't even ask out your own crush why are you meddling in mine?"

" AH HA! you just admitted snape is your crush!" Sirius pointed at james. James' eyes widened as all three stared at him and raised their eyebrows.

" wait no thats not-"

" Oh there is no way you are getting out of it Prongs." Wormtail laughed.

"i love lily!"

" yeah. sure you do." remus raised his eyebrows and scoffed.

" argh you guys are so INFURIATING!" james stood up and walked out the room.

" where ya goin? OFF TO SEE YOUR BOYFRIEND?" Sirius' voice rang as james walked away but he didn't dare give sirius the satisfaction of having a reaction.

He didn't realize where he was going until he found himself on the quidditch pitch out in the dark.

He walked around the whole thing before giving in and walking to the broom shed. He grabbed a spare broom and took off his outer robe, setting them down in his locker.

He walked to the center and took flight, pushing off the ground and soaring in the air.

He sighed in happiness and looked down at the increasingly small looking castle grounds.