Part 18

James waited anxiously, drumming his fingers against one of the pints of butterbeer sitting in front of him.

When he saw a tall black figure enter through the door, he sighed in relief and motioned for him to join him.

Severus obliged, sitting across from him and james sliding the second butterbeer towards him.

Nobody said a word as severus took a slow drag of his drink, obviously delaying his explanation. Eventually james spoke up.

" so......that was katie? You never talked about her, well not REALLY talked about her." James pursed his lips and waited.

Severus nodded and gulped, setting his pint down and sighing.

" yeah. Ummmm. There was an incident. 2 years ago. Nobody knew about it so im not surprised you didn't know. I only told a few people about what happened."

James hummed in response. He didnt want to push him to talk about it but he still wanted to know.

" mind telling me?" James said quietly. Severus stopped. He shrugged and looked up at james with a small smile.

" i mean i guess it wouldn't hurt."

James smiled in relief.

" but......i dont want to tell you here. Lets talk when we're near hogwarts yeah?" Severus suggested.

" yeah. Sure." James nodded.

They ordered some food from the waiter and ate together, talking and chuckling, almost forgetting what had happened mere moments ago.

" so, any quidditch games coming up?" Severus asked, throwing a fry into his mouth.

James raised an eyebrow, smiling suspiciously.

" why?" He said slowly. Severus shrugged and swallowed.

" i dont know. I wanna go."

" you hate quidditch."

" i dont HATE quidditch."

" you once told Lily that flying for a sport seemed like an idiotic and dangerous idea only stupid people would do."

" ok fine i just wanna see you in your uniform, happy?" Severus raised his eyebrows.

James chuckled and shook his head.

" if you wanted to see me in my uniform you could have just asked. Its not really that nice though its just a red robe."

" hmm but still."

" and plus you have seen regulus wear it probably."

" well true-"

" and you dont even like quidditch so whats the point."

" oh my god, do you want me to be supportive or not because you are making it extremely hard right now." Severus exasperated. James chuckled and waved at him.

" ok ok sorry. Of course i would like you there."

Severus nodded and continued to eat, smiling happily.

" so? Any games coming up?"

" hmmm no new games, but we are supposed to have a joint practice with all the teams. We do mini games and drills, a lot people come to watch actually. I dont know why, its not a real game."

" i just think they wanna see hot quidditch players flying around on brooms."

James laughed and nodded, closing his eyes.