Part 22

" AND BLACK DEFLECTS ANOTHER QUAFFLE!"

Lupin clapped loudly, smiling warmly as sirius looked to the stands proudly.

" ugh. Love." Lily grimaced for what felt like the thousandth time.

" lily for gods sake whats with you and love today?"

" what? Cant i be a little pessimistic for once?"

" is it because Marlene is probably gonna be in the infirmary all day?" Severus asked knowingly.

Lily froze, then crossed her arms and sunk down in her seat.

" maybe."

Severus had to will himself not to laugh and shook his head, patting her on her head which he knew she hated.

" AND POTTER HAS GOT SIGHT OF THE SNITCH!"

It was just a practice game, they've had about 3 of these now and it was Gryffindor against Ravenclaw.

The Hufflepuff captain was at the stands, announcing and commentating on the game.

Ever so often james would look towards the stands, catching eye of severus and making him smile stupidly.

" RAVENCLAW SCORES AGAIN! ITS TIED AT 75-75!"

Everyone was at the edge of their seats. For a practice game almost half the stands were filled.

" I SEE THE RAVENCLAW SEEKER HAS SEEN THE SNITCH AS WELL. WHO WILL IT BE?"

Severus leaned against the railing, as did lupin and watched as the blurs of red and blue whizzed past everyone.

Sirius was deflecting quaffles left and right, almost breaking his arm when he barely managed to hit the flying ball.

He saw the small ravenclaw seeker flying below james, eyes out for the golden snitch.

" RAVENCLAW SCORES AGAIN! 75-85!"

Lupin gripped the railing nervously, hoping they dont lose the game. It was stupid and pointless to worry because it was practice but the competitiveness inside them couldn't help.

" lupin your knuckles are turning white. Relax." Severus whispered.

Remus looked down and let go of the railing as if it was scalding hot.

" oh. I didn't even realize." Lupin shook his hand and continued to watch the game.

Lily was barely paying attention. To be honest she wasn't overly fond of quidditch and only came because marlene had asked her to. She would much rather be reading or floating something in the air and dropping it to scare a couple of first years but she was a good friend so she had to be there.

" whats going on?" Lily stood up, standing next to severus and looking over the edge.

" gryffindor is losing."

" oh that sucks."

Lupin and severus turned to her, slightly surprised she wasn't even batting an eye.

" what? Its just practice. As long as they dont get killed its fine."

Severus shrugged and looked away.

" i suppose you're right."

" of course im right."

Lupin snorted and shook his head, still eyeing the game.

" AND LOCKHART IS REACHING OUT AND- OH!" The announcer grimaced.

As he was yelling Lockhart crashed into the side of the stands, his body slamming against the harsh wood.