Part 21

" good work Potter!"

James grinned ear to ear while flying around. They were having a joint practice with the all the house teams and Sirius was tailing behind him.

" oi!" James yelled when a green blur zoomed past him in a frenzy.

He barely had a second to process before a second and third green blur flew past him.

James stopped abruptly, hanging onto the railing while sirius came to a halt beside him.

" mate you good?"

James looked at sirius then forward.

" yeah im fine but what the hell were they thinking? That was way too fucking close!" James spat in irritation.

" yeah i know. The slytherins like to play dirty. This is why i dont like joint practice, Its like everything beyond the field flies over their heads."  Sirius rolled his eyes and helped james find his balance again.

" ugh i hate slytherins."

" oi. You're dating one remember? Or have you already forgotten of my best friend?"

James turned to his side and smiled brightly at the sight of fiery red hair.

Behind him was severus, dressed in a charcoal grey sweater vest.

James looked him up and down and smiled, biting his lip and grinning.

" severus snape? Color?"

Severus rolled his eyes at his teasing and scoffed.

" why is everyone so surprised i wore a slightly lighter shade today?"

" ah but you're wearing green. You dont even wear your house colors." Lily corrected him and smirked.

Severus huffed and punched her shoulder lightly.

" oi! I wear color!"

" you dont even wear color to bed sev, you cant argue with us." James smirked.

" ooh~ you know what he wears to bed~?"

It was james' turn to be teased while sirius cooed next to him, a string of teasing taunts just waiting to leave his mouth.

" sev!"

The two boys on brooms spun around to see the group of slytherins approaching them.

" hey ill be right back." Severus nodded and walked away.

He walked a good distance from the gryffindors and leaned against the railing, his elbows propped up on the cold metal.

" you came!" Regulus said cheerfully, taking off his protective goggles and flying closer.

" you're awfully cheerful." Severus smiled.

" oh yeah, beating my brother at quidditch and watching him sulk is the best remedy to a sour mood."

Severus chuckled and looked down. He turned his head when he felt a weight land on his shoulder.