Part 15

" what?" Severus said. It was all he could say.

Ashley looked around and to severus, smiling a small smile.

" do you mind if we talk outside?" She asked in a low voice.

Severus nodded and blinked a few times.

" of course. Yeah um. Lets go." Severus said and gestured for her to go outside.

Severus slipped away from his friend group and left with Ashley, leaving behind james without realizing.

James looked back to see severus was gone a few minutes later, knotting his eyesbrows.

" hey where is sev?" James asked confused.

" dont know. I saw him walk away with a girl outside."

James snapped his head back and looked at him in shock.

" really? Are you sure?"

" i mean yeah. They went to the gates. Why?" Remus asked concerned.

James shook his head and took in a deep breath. It was fine, Severus was allowed to be around people, and its not like they ever established that they were exclusive so it was fine. He has nothing to worry about.

" um nothing. Just wondering why he sneaked off without telling us." James shrugged.

Sirius nodded and seemed to catch a glimpse of someone. He smiled wide and waved his hand, then turned to the other two.

" hey im gonna go say hi to reg. I havent talked to him in a while."

" you sure? You're mother and father is there."

" nah ill be fine. They cant hurt me its cool." Sirius said and kissed Remus' temple, then left.

Remus blushed and looked down, pursing his lips to hide the obvious smile growing on his face.

" oh you are so whipped." James teased, nudging him with his elbow.

" oh you're one to talk. With all the jealousy and the embarrassment." Remus teased right back. James scoffed and rolled his eyes.

" yeah right."

Remus raised an eyebrow and looked him up and down.

" and is there a reason why you look so nice Mr. Potter?"

James shuffled and clicked his tongue.

" i dont know what you mean." He rose his chin up high and looked away.

" oh please. You just wanna impress your boyfriend~" remus cooed annoyingly.

" shut up!" James hit his arm and huffed.

" that is not true. Besides he isnt my boyfriend ye-"

" HOW DARE YOU!" A loud shriek rang throughout the ballroom.

James and remus whipped their heads back and gasped.

Everyone shuffled away from the scene, revealing Walburga black, hand retracting back as sirius stood shocked. An unmistakable red handprint appearing on his right cheek.

Regulus immediately held his mother's hand back in which she yanked it out of his grasp and slapped him as well.

" reg!" Sirius yelled and went to his brothers aid, his parents scoffing.