07. mother knows best

"Your brother told me what happened

"Your brother told me what happened."

"Of course he did," Seri thought while rolling her eyes, "What's new? All he is is a useless snitch."

"I think you should give it a chance. I already spoke to your father about it and he agrees. Even though the main sport you played was tennis, I think it will be a good opportunity and it will help with your social skills."

"Mom, I already told him I didn't want to do it. And don't you think it was horrible for what Youngmin did?" Seri grumbled.

"I suppose it was kinda mean, but we've known Jaeyun and his family for many years now. He's practically like a second son to us-"

"Mom," Seri interrupted.

"Anyhow, just do him a favor. You owe him one. And don't you want Youngmin to start playing tennis again?"

"Owe him one? What could that mean?" she thought with curiosity.

"At least consider it for now. Don't just rudely decline him... I'm sure you already did... just try it. Okay? And you'll have something to do. I'm not letting you stay cooped up in your room all day. I guarantee by the time that cast comes off your foot, you're going to get fat."

"Fat I-," Seri gasped offendedly, "Mom!"

"I'm just kidding, but I'm not giving you an option. You're going to be the manager."

"Ugh, mom fine," she fumed.

**

After their spa and shopping day, Mr. Noh came back to pick up the two ladies. All the bags of the new clothing items were placed neatly into the trunk as he started to drive back to the Hwang's house.

Seri took out her phone and opened up her messages. "Great, I have to unblock him," she mumbled. She began to type:

I'll do it.