08. the impossible is possible

Jake sat upright as he intensely pressed the buttons of the game control, for he was hanging out at Jay's house with the other guys, per usual, and was playing a new video game Jay had bought

Jake sat upright as he intensely pressed the buttons of the game control, for he was hanging out at Jay's house with the other guys, per usual, and was playing a new video game Jay had bought. After a long day of training, playing video games and eating home run balls was the perfect way to spend the evening.

"Yah, Jay! How did you beat me, again? You literally just bought the game!" Jake groaned in frustration while tossing the control.

The blonde-haired boy smirked at him. "I mean they don't call me the video game master for no reason."

"Teach me your ways, oh great video game master," Jake playfully mocked as the rest of the guys laughed.

As Jake looked at his phone to check the time, he saw a notification. And that notification was from someone he'd never expect... Hwang Seri.

"G-GUYS," he stuttered in shock, "W-We, WE JUST GOT OURSELVES A MANAGER FOR THE CLUB!"

Jay dropped his remote and stared up at Jake. "Wait what? How? You convinced her?!"

"Yes! She just texted me," he exclaimed, still stunned.

The rest of the guys dropped their gaming controls and hovered over Jake's phone.

"But how?" Jungwon asked in surprise, "There was news about how she turned you down. Everyone wasn't surprised about that, but still!"

"Yeah... that was absolutely humiliating, but I guess someone convinced her. There's no way she'd join on her own. But anyway, this is great! We finally have a manager for the club."

Annoying Jake Jaeyun Sim: You mean it! Thank you so much! I Can't wait to see you tomorrow after school!

**

The next day...

"What have I got myself into?" Seri thought in frustration, "I can't believe I actually had to say yes!" It was already the end of the day and it was Seri's first day on the job. She dreaded the word tomorrow and was not looking forward to this long season of managing a group of guys she barely knew.

Mr. Noh had driven her to the designated dance studio she was told to come to. Seri slowly walked into the studio as her heavy walking boot was dragged behind her. She huffed and puffed in annoyance as she finally reached her destination. Opening the door and taking a tiny peek, she could already see the boys practicing. Loud music, squeaking sneakers, and stomps from the boys' dance moves.

"Wonder how long it'll take Jake to notice I've arrived," she thought.

As she stood in the corner of the room while the guys practiced, Jake quickly turned his head to her. Elated he ran over to her.

"Seri! You're actually here," he smiled giddily.

"It appears I am," she mumbled giving him an unamused look.

"Anyways, guys, I would like you to meet Hwang Seri, Seoul Central's official manager of the performing arts club."